Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Costa Claire

Who should you buy gifts for?

Costa Claire, 13 May, 2012 at 17:51 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi, my fiancé and I are paying for our own wedding. I am paying for my bridesmaids dresses (2 adults).

What is the protocol with presents? My fiancé's parents are not interested at all in being involved with the wedding so a gift for them seems pointless, and my mum lives in a different country so hasn't been able to be very hands on, through no fault of her own. I am paying for her to fly over to help choose my wedding dress with me so that could be perceived to be a gift.

So who do I need to buy gifts for? I had planned to buy for the bridesmaids, but their dresses are over 150GBP each and I don't want to go over the top.

I saw someone mentioned buying something for the father of the bride too..

I'm confused! What is everyone else doing?

CC x

2 replies

Latest activity by olderbride, 13 May, 2012 at 18:12
  • BadgerBeetle
    Beginner November 2012
    BadgerBeetle ·
    • Hide content

We are getting the bridesmaids, usher, best man, my grandad (giving me away) and OH's mum a present, then probably bunches of flowers for OH's grandma as a thank you for making our wedding cake, and some for my nanna too (otherwise she will be the only one left out).

Nothing massively expensive though - just little keepsakes Smiley smile

• O
    Beginner August 2012
    olderbride ·
    • Hide content

You absolutely do not HAVE to buy for anyone. We have just bought small keepsakes for best man, usher and my son (giving me away) and bracelets for our 3 bridesmaids. Neither of our mums are alive otherwise would probably have got them some flowers

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics