Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

tizmelou
Beginner September 2012

Who suits tea lengths?

tizmelou, 27 October, 2011 at 14:52 Posted on Planning 0 17

I love them just don't think they would suit me but don't know why as I've never tried one on, but on DTTB she tried one on and my oh said it looked really good on her as shes short. Do they only suit short? I'm like 5 foot 7 and and a busy 14. Whats reckon would they suit? I know I could just go and try one on but i've bought my dress was just thinking of ordering one for the evening online!

17 replies

Latest activity by kiiradee, 29 October, 2011 at 12:44
  • 50's pin up bride
    Beginner July 2012
    50's pin up bride ·
    • Hide content

I think tea-length suits everyone actually, it's more the shape / design of the dress that makes a difference.

I'm 5'6" and a curvy size 16; I have an hourglass figure and so a fitted bodice (assuming excellent underwear!!) highlights my cleavage and waist, and a lovely full 50's skirt hides my ginormous thighs (my biggest hate!) I couldn't wear tea-length for a sleek and body-skimming style, even though I CAN wear floor length sleek and body-skimming!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I look RUBBISH in them. Didn't try a weddingy one on as previous experience with prom/going out dresses has taught me to stay well away! For the record, I am 5'4'', size 9/10, average boobage. Have always thought they look better on curvy people, the Marylin Monroe effect.

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

I'm 5ft10 and size 10/12 and they suit me

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

5'9 and a 14/16. I only tried one on and it was awful. Didn't help that it didn't fit well, but the shape just didn't look right on me, and it finished at a very unflattering length on my calves as well.

• L
    Beginner June 2012
    Littlelaura82 ·
    • Hide content

I am 5'1" and a size 14 with large boobs. I brought a 'tea length' yesterday and I loved it. It is however more 'ballerina length' on me and I'm seriously considering not having it taken up so just my shoes show.

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

funny, I am almost as you describe 5ft 4, size 8-10, average boobage and I thought I looked pretty good in mine ?

Mine you, for a slim person, I am quite curvy- small waist big hips. I think it's all about proportions/body shape than size. My BMs were size 14 one is 5 ft 8" and the other is 5ft 4" and they both looked lovely in their tea length BM dresses.... I can flash if you like.

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ohhh go on then!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Agree. I have a short length from shoulder to waist and short legs, while I have a long midriff. So although my waist is only 25 inches, it's too high up my body for these dresses to look right Smiley smile

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

I'm about 5'8 size 8-10, 32F cup and love mine. I think mine suits my shape.

• tizmelou
    Beginner September 2012
    tizmelou ·
    • Hide content

Flashes always welcome but I will get dress envy! I guess I'll have t ogo try one on but every time I see one I totally love them but deffo want to marry in a long dress but when else will I ever get the change to wear one of the gorgeous tea lengths too - I could just not tell anyone and sneak upstairs after the first dance and change - thats if they suit me lol

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

see, all different shapes and sizes and they look great! I think try one on and see!

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Show off

?

• R
    Beginner June 2012
    Randomsabreur ·
    • Hide content

Think it depends mostly on how shapely the calves are... Would look dreadful on me as I have chunky calves... My best feature is my hourglass hips/waist/boobs curve, but I have a large behind and mega thunder thighs so floor length A-line was always going to be best for me...

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think I'd agree with this. I've got a tea length (well, ballerina length technically) and, despite my flabby belly, my calves and ankles remain rather slender. Other than that I think tea lengths can suit most people.

• L
    lilly878 ·
    • Hide content

I completely agree with you all. I also have hourglass hips/boobs curves

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

I'm not curvy at all, I am fairly straight up and down but my dress makes me look like I have curves and suits me.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I'm only 5'4" and a size 10 with a pancake chest but imo mine looked fab! I can't flash ad I am on le telephone but if you have a gander at my report etc there are flashes aplenty there. Try one one!

• kiiradee
    Beginner November 2011
    kiiradee ·
    • Hide content

im 5ft1 and size 8/10 im not particularly curvy but i think it looks okay. this is my final dress fitting. x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics