Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Who usually gets presented with gifts at the wedding breakfast?

27 of June of 2013 at 22:07 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hello!

I'm just checking what the norm is when it comes to giving gifts at the wedding breakfast (speeches). I'm assuming parents, Best Man, Bridesmaid(s) and Ushers. Is that right?

There are other people who are kindly doing different things for us at the wedding - wedding car, photographs, invitation. Would it be more appropriate to present them gifts at a different time and keep the speeches gifts to just the wedding party? How do others manage this?

Thanks!

Mofster

3 replies

Latest activity by Sandysounds, 28 of June of 2013 at 02:41
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

You got all the normal people. As for the extras if you are not going to do it at the same time then find a time before the speaches as during the speaches you will be saying things like " thanks for all your help - heres a gift" and those other people will be thinking "oh fine"

Oh and just the Mums get flowers - nothing usually for Dads

• H
    Beginner July 2013
    HAG13 ·
    • Hide content

We're doing gifts in private in the morning. Makes the speeches shorter and means that they can enjoy looking at their gift instead of shoving it under the table/opening it for all to see. We're are still saying thanks to them though. No flowers for the moms, they're having centrepieces at the end of the night, loads of flowers to go round, no need for more.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

My groom-to-be replied "no one, f*** 'em".

I say, buy if you want to buy and don't if you don't.

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

Any one you want to thank. My daughter and her husband gave both myself and her dad and my partner a present.... but not the other parents. It didn't come over as odd as her husband made it clear what they were thanking us for by saying "this is for Amy's mum for making the bridesmaid dresses, sorting out Amy's dress, making all the favours, invites and order of service"

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics