Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner April 2012

Who wears matching suits?

woohoooo, 21 February, 2011 at 09:09 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi,

My OH has decided upon the suit that he wants to wear. Who do we hire suits for? Obviously, the BM and 2 ushers but do we get them for my dad and H2Bs dad?

Thanks!

x

7 replies

Latest activity by clarem1986, 21 February, 2011 at 13:00
  • Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

There isn't really a right or wrong answer to be honest.

The brides dad usually gets one because he walks her down the aisle, and to make sure that all the parents are treated the same we have got my OHs dad and my stepdad in suits also.

Additionally my brother, OHs nephew and my Uncle is also in hired suits. (My brother and Uncle will be acting as usher) and OHs nephew as our ring bearer / just cos he is gorgeous!

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

We are having matching suits for Groom, BM, 2 ushers, 2 page boys and my dad. (OH's dad died a few years back).

You don't have to get them for your respective fathers, but personally, I think it's nice.

• Cheeky_pie
    Beginner August 2011
    Cheeky_pie ·
    • Hide content

We will have OH, BM, usher, groomsman, my dad, OH's Dad and my son all in the same suits. OH will have a different neck tie to the rest of the of the men so there is some difference. I think it is nice to have them all in suits, and always looks good in the pictures!! xx

• WhiteRose84
    Beginner
    WhiteRose84 ·
    • Hide content

We'll be having H2B, 2 best men and Father of Groom (who is walking me down the aisle) in matching suits x

• May2be
    Beginner July 2011
    May2be ·
    • Hide content

We are having OH, BM, 2 ushers and my brother who is our first witness in matching suits (my brother is also walking down the aisle with my 2 year old son). I would have liked to have had at least my dad in a matching suit also but he is a BIG man and we were finding it difficult to find something we could get that fit him and that suited to much skinnier, younger lads. IN the end, we decided to buy suits so we have gone for a modern slim fitted charcoal suit for the lads and the dads are going to buy or hire suits that are still a shade of grey so should match the colour scheme

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

We are having groom, BM 2 ushers and 2 mini ushers (his nephews) all the same in grey tails. His dad is then wearing a grey suits and tie matching the wedding party my dad is in another dif grey suit and a a tie which brings together the wedding party my dress (it's pink) and bridesmaids dresses. I think it really is up to you. We quite liked the idea of my dad tying in more to me and my girls rather than OH and his bunch but have been to plenty of weddings where the brides dad is dressed the same as the ushers.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

We are having OH, BM (who is also OH's son) and our dads in suits.

It is a possibility that our dads will have different suits to OH and BM, but were going down the Saturday to see. Either way, they will all be in Navy suits with the same ties / waistocats, pocket squares etc x

• C
    Beginner March 2011
    clarem1986 ·
    • Hide content

We are having OH, Best men (includes OH's dad) and ushers in hired suits...My dad is wearing a different suit - he doesnt really like grey suits which is what we are having and he said he had a perfectly nice black suit he hasnt had the chance to wear yet - so there you go!! If I really wanted him in the grey suit he would have worn one, but to be honest I'm not that fussed!! He is going to wear an ivory tie though to match my theme.

The lasty wedding I went to, the brides dad wore grey and the wedding party wore black and it didnt look strange at all!

I think its completely up to you! xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics