Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lizbizz85
Beginner August 2022 Devon

Whole day and reception invitations, when to send and rsvp deadlines

Lizbizz85, 3 of November of 2021 at 23:08 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 5

Hi I'm going to be sending out separate invites for whole day and evening reception only. We'll have to pay the same for catering regardless of actual attendance to day part (the venue seating capacity and caterer minimum number requirements are the same - 80), so if some whole day guests RSVP that they can't come we will ask if some of our closest eve only guests would like to come to the whole day instead.

So with that in mind...

How long before the wedding should I send invites out (we get married next August)?

Should I send both types of invite out at same time?

What should the RSVP deadlines be and should this be the same for both invites?

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks!

5 replies

Latest activity by Daniella, 6 of November of 2021 at 11:53
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

We have the same clause, minimum of 50. We sent our save the dates out a year in advance and asked if people knew they couldn't attend to let us know ASAP, this meant that we could move people around before sending the official invites out, which we will be doing this month, with your timeline I would send your Day invites in early March with a deadline of mid to end of April to RSVP. if you then get declines in this period you can move people on to the day list and send our invites. Once you have all the day numbers confirmed at end of April you can then send out any invites to people you are moving up to your day list to fill any gaps. I would then say by end of May you will have your numbers and can send the evening invites. By doing it this way you don't have the awkwardness of having sent the evening invite and then offering a day place later. For Evening invites give them a month to RSVP so you will have final numbers for both by end of June, which is plenty of time

• Hayley
    Dedicated August 2024 East Sussex
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    Send them in January and have RSVP deadline as march gives you enough time to sort out thing for if it's a no
  • Lizbizz85
    Beginner August 2022 Devon
    Lizbizz85 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks guys x
  • MrsW
    Dedicated May 2022 South West London
    MrsW ·
    • Hide content
    Hi there. We are getting married May 2022. We are sending day invitations this week with an RSVP deadline of 1 January and evening invitations out just after the deadline (so that if we get any RSVP nos, we have time to "upgrade" evening guests to day guests and send them a day invitation instead of their evening one). Hope that helps.
  • D
    Savvy January 2023 Lancashire
    Daniella ·
    • Hide content
    We are having 100 guests right through (Ceremony,wedding breakfast and evening reception) Im not married until April 2023 and I’ve already done my save the dates, I’ll send my invites probably around June 2022 and I’m telling people to RSVP by October so I have 6 months to invite other family and friends that couldn’t be added the to initial 100 guests. I was thinking for the second lot of invites (cause let’s face it, there will be some) 6 months in advance is normal to send invites so some people won’t even know to be offended lol plus they have ample time to sort the day off and RSVP by end of February 2023.
    Honestly, I’m a little too early on some things but I know that people definitely know if they’re actually planning on attending a wedding 6 months in advance.. so I’m not playing around. I’m not leaving the ones who like to say last minute because they like to see if they can plan something better for themselves to do instead, the chance to stress me out 😂 They can let me know by October 2023 so I can invite other people I prefer hahaha. Work out when is best for you and just do what’s right by that xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics