Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2010

whole weekend wedding venue?

MillyMollie, 11 August, 2009 at 10:43 Posted on Planning 0 9

I have this idea to hire a country house for a weekend (or three days midweek) but have trawled the net and been on all the venue sites I can find. Anyone know a house/cottage licensed to hold a civil ceremony which can accommodate 50 overnight guests? Also would love to cater it ourselves to keep it informal - any suggestions. I'm in midlands but would travel maybe 2 hours for decent venue.

9 replies

Latest activity by Lucy137, 27 October, 2009 at 20:31
  • sazelbean
    Beginner February 2010
    sazelbean ·
    • Hide content

Theres a place called hargate hall in derbyshire (maybe a bit far for you) but its very rural, has a number of mini apartments within the house so people can self cater so you don't have to feed them all the time, has a lovely big hall for wedding and space outside for a marquee and local links with suppliers and caterers and things

x

• millie&me
    Beginner October 2016
    millie&me ·
    • Hide content

I think this is way too far south for you, but its utterly lovely and you get exclusive use - one of my firends got married here last year and it was fab!

https://www.orchardleigh.net/

The grounds are great for photos and the atmosphere is very relaxed.

Nicky

• M
    Beginner July 2010
    MillyMollie ·
    • Hide content

I have been to see that venue but it just didn't feel right, thanks anyhow

• M
    Beginner July 2010
    MillyMollie ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Nikki - It looks spectacular but a bit to grand and large for what we need - thanks anyway

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

I have the perfect answer.....but unfortunately its in county fermanagh.... Crom Castle. You hire out the west wing of the castle for as long as you want, They don't have their own caterers so you have to get outside catering, The room is ideal for 40 to 50, the grounds are breath taking and the accomodation for guests is in the castle and some holiday cottages in the grounds.

• M
    Beginner July 2010
    MillyMollie ·
    • Hide content

This is exactly what we are looking for - but so far away boooo hoooo. Even the price is reasonable

• S
    Beginner June 2009
    SEH ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I am a Wedding and Civil Service planner based in Buckinghamshire, you fall into my area. I would be more than happy to discuss with you your requirements and find you the perfect venue for your special day.

It also sounds like you ill need suppliers in the area of the chosen venue, i can also help you coordinate this meaning you and your family can relax.

If you would like more information, or to book your free initial appointment please contact me on ****@******************.**.**

I look forward to hearing from you, and good luck on your special day!

Regards

Sarah Andrews

• hargate
    hargate ·
    • Hide content

Don't know if your still looking - but we're not that grand ! especially compared to Crom Castle !! Always happy to show you around anyway.

• L
    Beginner February 2011
    Lucy137 ·
    • Hide content

Ellingham hall sounds ideal for you if only it wasn't so far north (northumberland!!!)

• L
    Beginner February 2011
    Lucy137 ·
    • Hide content

www.ellingham-hall.com/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics