Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2014

Why do I get sick before every important thing!!

Mrslizziew2be, 6 of August of 2014 at 20:44 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 5

My hens on sat, and last night I woke up freezing cold to the point my teeth were chattering managed to warm up then this morning felt really sick again, managed to collect myself then go and pick up my wedding dress. Around 6:30 I started feeling really sick again, watery mouth, felt like I was going to be sick when standing and knots in my belly. I'm not too stressed about my hen anymore, was even excited after I booked the meal part today!

It always happens though, my grandads first birthday after his death my nan done a big family meal, the day before I got a sickness bug and so did Oh so my mum collected the kids for a couple of days.

It happened at a friends wedding when I was pregnant, had stressed around trying to find a dress, I only managed to stay about an hour before I had to go home... Felt so bad about it!

I do have IBS and I know stress effects it a lot, but why can't I just enjoy something for once?

5 replies

Latest activity by Mrslizziew2be, 7 of August of 2014 at 10:59
  • Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Boo about feeling ill. I hope you feel better soon. At least there is still a few days until your hen do.

I feel your pain as l am terrible for doing the same. Especially Christmas and job interviews.

• N
    Beginner May 2015
    nixy3 ·
    • Hide content

Smiley sad Sorry to hear that you are feeling poorly. Stress triggers a lot of strange reactions in our body, I always end up ill on holiday or on the run up to a holiday, I think it's because my body almost relaxes if that makes any sense, I know that I don't have to go to work, so it's almost like I let my guard down and get ill! What about something like rescue remedy or just taking some time out to sit quietly and relax?

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

Oh dear, poor you. HOpe you feel better soon.

I used to get really bad rashes before exams or big events so I really sympathise.

I've kind of changed my approach recently. If I see red blotches, I take it as a sign that I need to slow down and am stressing about something. Thinking about what is actually worrying me rather than focusing on the rash has really helped me and I don't get them much anymore.

Maybe you just need to slow down and look after yourself.

• cinnamon009
    Beginner December 2014
    cinnamon009 ·
    • Hide content

When we are stressed, our body uses up more of its incoming vitamins than usual (particularly vit B complex and C). Add in the IBS, which means you are not absorbing all the vitamins from your food properly (the food is passing through your gut too fast to absorb all the nutrients from it) and you will start to pick up any bug going as your body doesn't have the resources to fight it. That was what my doc told me anyway when I asked him about my IBS and being ill.

If I am going through anything where I am worrying or thinking about it a bit more than usual, or stressed I take a daily Berroca (for the B vits) and then chew on chewable vit c through the day. I use the 500mg chewable vit c and chew one every four hours if I am a bit run down. You can't overdose on Vit C - the worst you can get if you take LOTS of it is a runny tummy (unless you are pregnant in which case you shouldn't take any supplements without consulting your doctor). I've taken up to 8 vit c a day before and had no side effects other than a cold miraculously disappearing over night. You could also try something like Echinacea which is known to support your immune system. I haven't used Echinacea personally before so can't comment but the Vit C certainly helps me.

Hope you feel better soon. x

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I always get poorly before something I am nervous or excited about - could be stress related? Hope you feel better soon

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

Thank you to everyone who replied.

Iv woken up feeling back to my old self Smiley smile

OH forced me to have a massage last night and it was SO relaxing! I'm not really a massage type of person normally!

Iv got a day of doing nothing today apart from te normal cleaning and looking after the kids so going to take the time to relax as tomorrow Iv got to go and clean my nans, then clean my house ready for guests to arrive on Saturday!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics