Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

2013_Bride_
Beginner August 2013

Wild Flower Bouquets?

2013_Bride_, 30 April, 2013 at 09:36 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi,

Is anyone having a wild flower bouquet?

Would you mind flashing me your inspiration and sharing what flowers your florist intends to put in them?

I spoke to mine about it ages ago but have just looked at the flowers suggested and they all seem to be roses and in one colour which is not what I'm after.

Want to try and get a better idea in my head about what I want before discussing again with them, but know nothing about flowers! Smiley smile

4 replies

Latest activity by Little Pixie , 30 April, 2013 at 13:42
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

When you say wild flowers, do you mean actual wild flowers or a bouquet that has a 'wild flower look' - thing is wild flowers aren't something a florist sells because they aren't available commercially but you can get wild looking flowers that will give you a similar look. Most wild flowers are protected species also so not really something you can pick and make yourself. Some wild looking flowers are:-

Solidaster

Gyp

Waxflower

Hypericum

Scabiosa

Spray Chrysanths - the button style are super for wedding work

Few more just thought of:-

Delphinium

Statice

Liaitris

Snapdragons

Asters

Tracehllium

Have a peep on Pinterest as there's quite a few wild looking ones on there.

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

Obviously everyone will think about wild flowers differently. But things I think of, which your florist should be able to source.....lavender (will be lovely and fragrant too), lily of the valley, narcissus. The Veronica in this bouquet looks lovely too. And to me I think of lots of greenery and grasses.

Rather than have roses I'd look at ranunculous or peonies. They will give a nice central focus, but are not so structured as a rose. Unless she is thinking of a specific type of rose.....

Apologies if I've confused you further!

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

Thanks both!

Katie no you haven't at all - infact those two flowers are exactly what I had in mind.

Roses seems too formal for the 'wild flower' look (and it is the 'look' I'm after).

Generally lots of different flowers and colours that look lovely together but appear less formal is what I am after (like the below - just one example).

I guess I need to decide what colours I want too... hmmm.

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Don`t know where you are located but i can recommend corinne Turner Florist in Cambs. She has a facebook page etc.

Lynne

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

These are the ones I had.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics