Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsMeldrew
Beginner October 2012

Will bucks fizz look crap as a toast??

MrsMeldrew, 2 September, 2012 at 22:07 Posted on Planning 0 16

As it says in the title really. We looked at prosecco/cava for the toast wine but on thinking about it, I don't think a massive amount of people even like it so I thought about bucks fizz instead because it's pretty much fizzy OJ and most folk are partial to a bit of OJ. My question is really what would you think if the toast was bucks fizz?

Another added bonus after looking at Tesco wines is that it's a load cheaper which comesin handy as we have corkage to pay on top of whatever we buy.

16 replies

Latest activity by onetwothree, 3 September, 2012 at 11:36
  • clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

I would just say lots of people like prosecco and prefer it to champagne - lighter and fruitier....

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I don't think there is anything wrong with having BF as a toast however I'm not really a fan of the pre mixed BF you can buy (tends to taste a bin synthetic IMO) I think it tastes better when you mix your own. It would still work out cheaper as would get more serving per bottle of fizz and also if people would prefer not to have the OJ they can just have the fizz.

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

Being really honest I think bucks fizz is a little old-fashioned... think great suggestion of Jolenepow about prosecco and pomegranite or another interesting mix. We wanted to save money so had one glass of champagne for toast, and all the rest was prosecco.

• MrsMeldrew
    Beginner October 2012
    MrsMeldrew ·
    • Hide content

Just done a few sums and it will save us £100 on an already over budget if we go for bucks fizz. Will have to give it some thought and see. Would be mighty peed if to see half drunk or untouched glasses of wine if we opt to spend more!

Thanks for your feedback

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

I also think bucks fizz will be fine! Plus that is quite a saving.

• Jalapeno
    Beginner October 2012
    Jalapeno ·
    • Hide content

I think if you're providing it, people will be (or at least should be) happy with whatever it is!

• hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

I think bucks fizz is fine for the drinks reception, but would think it a little strange for the toast. But that's just my opinion

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

Champagne and the like is not to every ones taste or budget. Bucks fizz would be fine and the kids could have orange juice and not feel left out,

• I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This! Its your wedding and you are paying for it, so they should just be grateful! you can't please everyone, whatever you decide to do anyway!

x

• Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

IMO I think it would depend on the style of wedding you are having. If you are having a laid back kind of wedding it would be fine, but if you are going all out and having your reception at a really posh stately home type of venue, I think dishing out bucks fizz for the toast might look a bit out of place to some people.

I personally would drink anything to toast my friends!

• ladyworm
    Beginner October 2012
    ladyworm ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I completely agree with this post. But it's up to you! I have been to a few weddings where the bubbly for the toasts wasn't very nice at all, you could see people pretending to take a sip and then spitting it back in the glass after each toast. Most people will of course be concentrating on the toasts and speeches though. It would be nice for some people to have the choice of BF, or OJ or just bubbly so if that was an option I'd go for that!

• Zoomo13
    Beginner August 2015
    Zoomo13 ·
    • Hide content

Anyone will be happy with any free drinks they receive. my FBIL had cider as his toast to represent his west country roots and it went down a storm x

• O
    Beginner January 2011
    onetwothree ·
    • Hide content

Our venue suggested that if we did want to do bucks fizz, we should just buy the fizz and bring it in, then get the OJ from them. That way you're only paying for corkage for alcohol and it works out a lot cheaper. Not sure if we're going to do straight fizz or have bucks fizz yet though - cost may be the determining factor!

I've certainly had it at some weddings and sometimes had Pimms or sherry. Was happy with all of it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics