Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner June 2022 Berkshire

Will i feel excited?

Francesca, 20 of February of 2022 at 12:07 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 1 6
Our wedding is in 4 Months and I don’t feel excited.
My partner doesn’t either.
We’ve had such an awful experience with the people we invited or better yet didn’t invite. We made a rule that only aunts and uncles for the day and cousins without partners in the evening. My aunt and my mum kicked off despite explaining my reasons. To top it off, I had an aunt and uncle from my dads side invite their adult children and grand children because they misread our invites. All our suppliers have been amazing and wonderful. But we both feel the whole experience has been so soured. And I get awful anxiety anytime I think about the wedding or finalising our plans. Will I ever feel excited instead of anxious? Will I actually enjoy my day? 💔

6 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, 8 of March of 2022 at 09:34
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

We had a load of drama with family pre wedding and also had the stress of not knowing if our wedding would happen or not because of Covid (we ended up having to postpone). The stress did take away the excitement and anticipation of looking forward to getting married, but when it came to the actual day, it was so special.

I hope the hassles will fade away for you and that you are able to enjoy some sense of anticipation - but if that doesn't happen, don't worry, because your wedding day is still going to be special because it's the day you get to make that marriage commitment to each other. Nothing can spoil that x

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

We had the exact same issue, we cut the guest list at aunts and uncles as I have 16 cousins who all have a couple of kids each and in honesty, I don't have a relationship with them or even like some of them so financially couldn't and didn't want to pay for them as we are only wanting 50 for the day. My mum kicked off as we have 20 friends at our day and she feels these places should go to family, but as I explained, these people are part of our life and as it is our day and we are paying we will do what we want, that went down like a lead balloon.

I have sent the cousins evening invites and not one of them has replied and when I did see them at a family do just after getting engaged none of them mentioned the wedding so proves my point as to why I have not invited them. I also feel some of our day guests I probably wouldn't invite now as they don't respond to invites or even contact us. One of my BM's has met and moved in with a guy and I barely hear from her, my man off honour also seems to be dis engaged and I am worried he wont even turn up on the day now as again I barely hear from him. Our wedding is 9 weeks away and this last month we have had our cake maker and MUA pull out, our event manager has left the venue, so having to deal with someone new and I have honestly felt so stressed and feel like if we could cancel without losing money I would and just go and do it at the registry office.

All that said, my H2B quite rightly points out, it is about us and getting married so sod everyone else, is their loss. I think you are in that lull stage where things are sorted and there is not much to do until the last minute bits so is hard to be excited. Please don't let others opinions get you down, it is your day and as long as you 2 are happy then is no one else's business. am sure as you get closer you will start to feel different

• F
    Francesca ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Charlotte

Thanks for your reply.I’m sorry you’ve had such a tough time of it. And your H2B is quite right. Just sometimes nice to hear it from other people. I have every faith that the right people for you will turn up to your day and make you feel super special. And I’ve got my fingers and toes crossed for you that you find some nice new suppliers. X
  • F
    Francesca ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey there
    Thank you for your reply.
    I’m glad when the day came that you had a lovely time. This gives me hope that we will have the same x
  • Kate7695
    Dedicated May 2022 East Riding of Yorkshire
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    Hey, sorry to hear you're feeling this way. I am too. I'm 2 months out from my wedding day exactly and I am so worried that I won't enjoy it. Excitement hasn't hit me yet either and I am so stressed out! My H2B is fine, but I am losing my mind. All I want is to relax and look forward to the big day, but at the moment all I feel is worry. I hope things settle soon as we finally finalise everything, and I start to get a little giddy. I admit my bridesmaids all had a try on at the weekend and they looked beautiful. I cried, and it was a lovely moment. I hope my, and your, wedding days are filled with happy tears and wonderful memories. Xx
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, I have found new suppliers and had a make up trial last week. It is ok, but the coverage didnt feel enough and didnt seem to last so not perfect but is too late now to find anyone else so will go with it and if needed I will have to top up myself throught the day! Just had my Hen weekend which was lovely and feeling a bit calmer now I have all the last minute bits sorted. hope you are feeling better X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics