Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner November 2023 Tyne & Wear

Will my guests be starving?

Sarah, 9 of October of 2023 at 23:02 Posted on Planning 0 2
Having more of an unconventional wedding. Registry office ceremony and then going to a bar after for a buffet.

Guest list is 32 incl me and my fiancé so it’s a little smaller. Ceremony is 2:15 start and due to finish at 2:45. Guests will get to the bar around 3pm ish and I’m planning on serving food at 4:15pm. Not a sit down meal but a posh buffet!
Following this I’m having a small dessert table open at 6:30. We’re having donuts instead of cake and I’m buying enough so guests can have one each. I’ll also have other sweet nibbles on little platters, cookies, brownies, macaroons, fruit etc.
We’ve then got an after party and reserved a space in another bar at 10pm where ‘night guests’ will be meeting us. We’re having a night out from there basically. No food will be served at the after party as the bar is a drinks only place and those attending then have been told to eat first.
Do I need to feed by day guests more than once? I’m worried they’ll all be starving and was thinking about having a later snack at about 8pm but am also aware that we’ll be leaving that bar at 9:45 to head on over to the next bar.
Sounds stressful that we’re flitting about I know but everything is really close as it’s a city centre wedding! Any advice would be massively appreciated!

2 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 10 of October of 2023 at 10:49
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    With a 2:15pm ceremony, guests can eat lunch beforehand so they still have the ability to have 3 meals. However, I do think 4:15pm is early to have your last meal of the day and I would expect to be hungry by 8pm. I don't think it would need to be much because you are serving a proper dinner with dessert, maybe like bowls of chips. You have plenty of time to snack on something like that before leaving at 9:45pm.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with Hayley - if I'd had a buffet meal at 4.15 and a doughnut at 6.30, I'd probably be feeling quite hungry by the time the evening party started at 10, so maybe look to serve something simple just beforehand.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics