Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner September 2011

Will you be my BM Cards AND Cheap photographer

blueeyedgirl, 16 February, 2010 at 11:20 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi All

2 questions - really want to send a nice 'Will you be my bridesmaid cards' to...well....my bridesmaids! Cant find somewhere that has a good range - any ideas? Bay of E is ok but only does one or two, google isnt coming up trumps and neither is moonpig! Anyone recommend anywhere?

Also we're trying to trim down our budget and wondered if people had any advice about getting a photographer on the cheap - maybe a student? Is it worth contacting local universities - has anyone done this?! I want nice photos and sometimes you do get what you pay for i understand that but also its a stretch for us to pay £900+. We only want them for a few hours not the brides house or reception and just to get a few nice family and couple shots. We also just want images on DVD not a book but still its coming up dead expensive....as they only can do 1 wedding per day its not like us having them for a shorter time reduces the price!!

(i'm getting married in Belfast BTW)

Thanks

S

6 replies

Latest activity by Jelly_Bean, 16 February, 2010 at 20:21
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

A lot of photographers have packages starting from around £500... www.sub500.com has some listed. I'm sure there are some togs on here that can recommend some in the area.

As for the bridesmaid invite - I saw this a little while back and think I will be making something similar! https://eliseblaha.typepad.com/golden/2009/03/envelope-pocket-love.html

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

That website is just computers?!!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Post your wedding date as this often attracts photographers with a date or two to fill.....

• urbanbridesmaid
    urbanbridesmaid ·
    • Hide content

The correct link is:

http://www.sub500.co.uk/

• Crantock
    Dedicated June 2005
    Crantock ·
    • Hide content

Check out the Bridesmaid Invitations from my friend's website, I just completely adore them!

http://underthecherrymoon.co.uk/index.php/other-stuff/will-you-be-cards.html/

She also makes the most fantastic customised invitations.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Whoops!!!

Thanks Urbanbridesmaid!

• J
    Beginner August 2011
    Jelly_Bean ·
    • Hide content

I used moonpig for my 'will you be my bridesmaid cards' , but I guess it depends how wedding-y themed you want them to be as you're right, they're isn't anything obvious on there. I used one of the cards from the me-to-you range because I think they're adorable - the teddy was holding a bouquet of flowers so there was a tenuous link! And then I just changed the wording on the front from 'Thank You' or whatever it was to 'Will You be My Bridesmaid?'. Hope that helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics