Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Benjaminsmum
Beginner November 2014

Will you wear your veil all day?

Benjaminsmum, 5 of November of 2014 at 15:31 Posted on Planning 0 20

Are any of you planning on removing your veil part way through the day?
I have no id a how long to wear mine...I guess I will just wear it until my head hurts???

20 replies

Latest activity by Tams90, 18 of November of 2014 at 15:51
  • Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I'm not having a veil myself, but it's quite rare for our brides to keep theirs on all day.

Many keep it in for photos or until they sit down for food and then off it comes. There's no real rule about when it should come off- whenever you're happy to. For some it's off as soon as the ceremony is over ?

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

I'm hoping to keep mine on until we sit down for food. I def want it on for the photos if possible.

My main concern is that I have quite short hair, so more limited with hairstyles that will hold a veil in place....so the reality is that it may not last any longer than the ceremony itself!

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

I'm not planning on wearing mine all day. It's a cathedral length so it will just get in the way! I'm planning on taking mine off just before the wedding breakfast.

x

• R
    Beginner December 2014
    rambosmum ·
    • Hide content

I plan to keep mine on for as long as possible but I suspect it'll get on my nerves after a while.

Ideally I'll keep it on until at least the first dance, mainly because I think I'll never get to wear a veil again so want to make the most of it. I've also see the most beautiful pictures of brides having their first dance with the full length veils draped over their arms and kind of shielding them and their husbands, which I like the idea of emulating.

• porkchop
    Beginner September 2012
    porkchop ·
    • Hide content

I wore mine ALL day! I loved it so much. I hadnt intended to but once it was on I couldnt take it off!

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning on taking mine off for the wedding breakfast, and then hopefully managing to get it to stay put again so I can wear it for the first dance
    I've seen some lovely photos of first dances where the bride has her veil on ... and tbh for the money it costs I want to get the most wear out of it!

Smiley smile

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

My plan is to wear it until at least after dinner or when the dancing starts but Im hoping to have a cathedral length so it might be a bit long to be milling about in...like others have said I wont get to wear it again so would like to make the most of it. Im going to have a nice hairpiece (is it a hairpiece, that sounds like i mean a wig...headpiece maybe?) as well so when the veil does come off I've still got something pretty in my hair..

I think wearing it until your head hurts or you get annoyed with snagging it on things sounds like a plan!

• Benjaminsmum
    Beginner November 2014
    Benjaminsmum ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies.

certainly a mix of opinions.

I think I will be going as long as I can with it...

I shall report back next week :-)

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Have an amazing day!!

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes same for me!

• Miles with Love Honeymoon Registry
    Miles with Love Honeymoon Registry ·
    • Hide content

Mine was cathedral length and I took it off just before the first dance so I could move freely. Loved mine so much if it wasn't so long I would have kept it on all night!

• Lorns
    Rockstar May 2015
    Lorns ·
    • Hide content

I would like to keep mine on all day, including the first dance... and then probably take it off Smiley smile

Good luck on your big day!

• N
    Beginner May 2015
    nixy3 ·
    • Hide content

I love my veil, I plan on keeping it on until my head hurts!

• SallyLou
    Beginner August 2014
    SallyLou ·
    • Hide content

I wore my cathedral length most of the day - it came off about 10ish I think when my head started hurting, but the head piece came off then too. Loved loved loved wearing it.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I wore mine til we sat down for the wedding breakfast. I only took it off because it kept getting caught between my back and the chair

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I wore mine all day. It was waist length though so didn't get in the way at all. It wasn't even a conscious decision.

Beginner April 2014
    **Claire** ·
    • Hide content

I took mine off when we sat down to eat. It had been windy and got a bit dislodged so was irritating me. I think I had taken it out and put it back in earlier on. (As my hair was down it was only in with a couple of Kirby grips so easy to do.)

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

I hadnt even thought of this! I think i will probs keep it on until the evening dancing starts x

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

My daughter wore hers till after the meal and then put a shorter one on for when the evening guests arrivedso she still felt like a bride and they too could see it with her dress. Worked well. Other daughter had birdcage one and kept it on most of evening

Lynne

• Tams90
    Beginner July 2016
    Tams90 ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding this summer and she wore her veil all day, which I thought could be quite uncomfortable as it was very long and heavy.

Mine also is long and heavy however am just planning on wearing it for the church ceremony, and once I get to the reception venue my florist is making me a flower crown which I plan to switch to once am there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics