Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner March 2013

Will your bridesmaids have bags on your wedding day?

Figaro82, 18 November, 2012 at 20:29 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi Ladies,

I'm going shoe shopping with my bridesmaids on Saturday and I was wondering if I should also get them matching bags for all their bits and pieces? Is anyone else doing this? My preference would be not to do it as costs are creeping up!!!

14 replies

Latest activity by LoveSka, 20 November, 2012 at 19:24
  • C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content

Mine will have one for the evening, which we'll leave the night before in the reception on her seat til that time of day. She'll have flowers to hold during the ceremony so wont have anywhere for a bag.

Our little bridesmaids are having little dolly bags instead of flowers.

Edit: Probably should have concluded that nope, I'm not buying one - as far as I'm aware she wont need anything like money/phone/bits and bobs til after the ceremony.

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

Nah I didn't - thought unnecessary, and they left the bags in the bridal room of the venue. Plus when you've already spent a fortune on dresses, hair bands, hair styles, make-up, jewellery and then gifts during tne speeches....... I thought I could get away without bags!

• Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't bother wasting the money. I've told my BM's that they are getting a dress, shoes and their hair styled, and they have the option of paying my MUA to have their make up done which they were really happy with. Each time I have been a BM I provided my own hand bag.

• mandspice
    Beginner September 2013
    mandspice ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to buy them bags but only because they'll double up as their gift. I'm buying the dresses but they'll sort their own shoes, jewelry etc.

I'll also have a bag myself - can't live without blotting paper and lipstick! Obviously I'll entrust someone else with it for a lot of the time.

• Fergo
    Beginner December 2012
    Fergo ·
    • Hide content

No, I won't be buying them a bag.

It's unusual to see BM's at weddings carrying around a bag.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Nope mine just kept their stuff in the bridal prep room or gave it to their partners.

• ellebob
    Beginner February 2013
    ellebob ·
    • Hide content

No. They're both bringing partners so don't need a matching bag as they can give them to them to hold.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I did buy mine bags, but then again we had a slightly unusual situation in that our wedding day was spread over three different venues, so it was a lot easier for my BMs to be able to carry their bits and bobs around. My MOH kept my phone for me (in case suppliers rang) and some lipbalm etc for me. None had partners to hold their things for them.

Had we had our wedding all in one place then I don't think I'd have bothered, especially if there was accommodation since then they could leave their stuff in their room.

I wanted their bags to match rather than risk them bringing bags I didn't like ? so bought them myself.

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

When I was bridesmaid last year we had bags & I was very grateful for it! I couldn't put my phone, facepowder & my lip gloss down my cleavage ;o) We just left the bags in the wedding car & collected them after the service. Friends & OH's looked after them during the photos.

I'm gonna ask my bridesmaids whether they want a matching one or whether they'll just use one they have & get someone else to look after it.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I bought my girls bags, they didn't carry them down the aisle obviously as they had their bouquets,they left them in the wedding car outside church during the service. The bags matched their dresses and they were grateful to have something for their lippy, phone, money etc for once we got to the reception.

• snow-woman
    Beginner April 2013
    snow-woman ·
    • Hide content

Nope! They won't need anything at church and there's nice little vanity lockers in the function room's ladies loos so they can keep make up etc in there. And I seem to recall that though I had one last time I was a bridesmaid, I put it down and didn't use it all night!

• F
    Beginner March 2013
    Figaro82 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies!! Not going to buy thm asboth of thm wil have their partnes there andalso we are staying at the venue! They can leave their bits in te rom nd run up if they need something!

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

I told mine if they wanted to use a bag that's fine but could it match the shoes (silver) and could they not walk up the aisle with it, so those that did gave them to their boyfriends or left it behind the bar for when they needed it xx

• Purple*Sparkles
    Beginner June 2013
    Purple*Sparkles ·
    • Hide content

LOL! Everytime I read this thread title I chuckle to myself and think...... not if they get enough sleep!!?

Sorry, I just had to share!!

x

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

Mine had clutch bags and the FG's had dolly bags but they didn't have flowers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics