Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner June 2012

Willington Hall Cheshire, any venue twins :)

noobride, 16 January, 2011 at 18:57 Posted on Planning 0 11

HI we're getting married at Willington Hall 16.6.12. Went and paid the deposit today and we're so excited! Wish it wasnt so long away - but more time to save Smiley smile Anyone else getting/got married here??

11 replies

Latest activity by noobride, 8 March, 2012 at 21:56
  • Amour Occasions
    Amour Occasions ·
    • Hide content

Hi ?

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to hitched - now youve booked your venue and date you can start planning the rest!!

If you need any help etc please feel free to give me a shout!

Claire

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    noobride ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Claire Smiley smile

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

Welcome to Hitched! Best of luck with the planning x

• *willow*
    Beginner
    *willow* ·
    • Hide content

Hi yey we are getting married at willington hall too!! on 29th may this year looks gorgous doesnt it? i especially love the gardens, cant wait to have drinks on the terrace! and the rooms are lush too! i will have to let you know how it went, but they seem really organised so cant see there being any probs! we started off looking at frog manor - quirky but dirty! sooo glad we decided on willington now!

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    noobride ·
    • Hide content

YAy for wdding twin! Very exciting am jealous your wedding is so soon! They are soo lovely at the hotel and we cannot wait. ARe you getting married there too? we are hoping too outside if it is dry Smiley smile

• *willow*
    Beginner
    *willow* ·
    • Hide content

Hi, yeah getting married there too, but probably inside as i dont think i can cope with depending on the weather on top of everything! but the outside is so lovely! and in june you can probably depend a bit more on getting a nice day.

we only got engaged over christmas but have been together for 8 years so didnt see the point in waiting, the venue is by far the biggest cost and i am lucky that my dad is helping pay so can just about afford it this year! dont think i could wait till next year anyway! didnt realise it would all be so stressful though especially as im usually quite laid back.

whats next for your plans??

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    noobride ·
    • Hide content

I know it is stressfull isnt it and expensive, once the word wedding is mentioned prices double lol we ahve sorted photographer and band and booked registrar but tahts all so far. need to choose my dress then decide colour schemes etc - have you sorted flowers and other bits ?

• *willow*
    Beginner
    *willow* ·
    • Hide content

Hi! yeah got flowers sorted, waiting for shoes to arrive so i can do some adjustments on the dress just keep thinking of things! not panicking just yet though.

you still have plenty of time though so dont rush any important decisions - i changed my mind about the colour scheme at least twice before settling on brights!

who is your band? at the mo we are just having a dj but might possibly want a band too. .. the pic is basically the colours we are having but sweet peas as flowers are too expensive.

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    noobride ·
    • Hide content

Love your colours Smiley smile who is your florist I still need to sort! not long now! Smiley smile

• *willow*
    Beginner
    *willow* ·
    • Hide content

Hi, florist is a friend of my dads who you used to have a shop in chester so she doesnt do it professionally now but still has all the contacts. Where i can i have tried to get friends of friends etc to try and save some money! Just had my dress altered at a shop in hawarden called the village taylors if you need any alterations when you get your dress i thoroughly recommend them! he is taking the hem up, tidying up the flower detail, making a clasp at the back to hang the train up and steam cleaning it all for fifty quid! i was well chuffed.

• hoppers
    Beginner May 2025
    hoppers ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I'm getting married at willington Hall on 28/12/12 and i am so very excited but is too far away!!!!

Anyone recommend their suppliers they are using

xxx

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    noobride ·
    • Hide content

Yay finally a venue twin!!! LOve willington Smiley smile our florist meryl is fab from black cat and cake is fab from jo's couture cakes. string quartet are manchetser string quartet. photograoher raw photography and video b2b productions. We get married 16.6.12 - 100 days today Smiley smile sooo excited!!

https://www.joscouturecakes.co.uk/

https://blackcat-floral.co.uk/

https://manchesterstringquartet.com/

https://www.raw-weddingphotography.co.uk/

https://www.davebonefilms.co.uk/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics