Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2017

Wiltshire Brides!

S.Miles, 6 of January of 2015 at 15:23 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hello,

I have recently got engaged and thought I would send a message out to see if there are any other brides to be in Wiltshire so we can compare notes and moan about the extortionate prices together!! ?

I am based in a village called Broughton Gifford, near Melksham and have been here for 6 months or so when me and my OH bought our first home together. Before that we lived in Bath, and London for a short spell (Couldn't cope with the big city for long!)

We are hoping to get married in Summer 2016 but after initial research into venue costs I might have to push it back another year ?

Looking forward to hearing from you, come say Hi, I know I can't be the only one!!

❤️ ️⭐️ ❤️

13 replies

Latest activity by Ash953, 22 of August of 2015 at 03:57
  • lilbeth
    Beginner July 2015
    lilbeth ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

I kind of count, we live in Wiltshire but are getting married in North Hampshire where I come from. Think prices are probably similar!

Nice to meet you ?

• Dave Sanders
    Dave Sanders ·
    • Hide content

Hi there!

I'm from melksham myself! What venues are you looking at?

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,
    I'm a Wiltshire bride also Smiley smile
    I found the prices of some venues to be ridiculous, my OH & I decided to have a registry office wedding with a lovely pub wedding breakfast and the reception at Shrivenham Memorial Hall.
    What venues have you looked at?
    I know a few that have special deals on currently for 2016 bookings

x

• S
    Beginner May 2017
    S.Miles ·
    • Hide content

Hello everyone,

Lovely to meet you all! We only just got engaged over christmas so I am just doing some preliminary research at the moment.

We originally wanted a nice Barn and have had our hearts set on it for years, but unfortunately they are now very trendy (expensive) so might need to think outside of the box!

The only problem is I am a conference organiser and so I Reallllyy don't want a hotel that feels like a conference venue in any way, I would much rather go to a lovely pub but it looks like we will have around 100 people attending so that may be difficult.

Oh well, the search continues.....

Where are you all looking/ when are you getting married?!

xxxxxxxxxx

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your engagement Smiley smile

I'm not sure how much help this is, but have you looked at Wellington Barn?
    My OH and I were totally in love with it but it was more than we could afford

http://www.wellingtonbarn.co.uk/

I can always help with Googling!

xxx

• S
    Beginner May 2017
    S.Miles ·
    • Hide content

Aw Thank you, so far I have made a spreadsheet of all the venues I can find from googling (nerdy I know but you gotta be organised!) and yeah I also fell in love with Wellington Barn, so beautiful, that was the one venue I had my eye on before he even proposed lol! But as you said it is really expensive!! I was shocked when I started looking at how much everywhere charges just for Venue hire, and sometimes not even for a full day!!

Where are you looking at? I think we will have to compromise somewhere along the line - I am happy to do DIY decorations and my OH is a chef so could rally some troops to do the catering, but then there are all the extra costs of staffing and equipment...

xxxx

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

There's nothing wrong with spreadsheets, my wedding planning book is stuffed full of them!
    I was really shocked as well when I saw the prices of some places especially when some of the places weren't offering that much and didn't look very nice.

Well mine's all booked, I got really excited last January when I found our perfect reception venue and booked it way back then.
    It's really nice inside we have different rooms for the dance floor, buffet, bar etc and I have a few ideas about decorations

I'm sure you and your OH can come up with something Smiley smile
    There are some good companies out there that don't charge a fortune, I managed to get my evening caterer for £5 a head which was a bargain compared to the others who were quoting £10-£15!!

xxxx

• F
    Beginner August 2016
    FutureMrsMarshall ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but would you mind sharing which catering company you found LittleMissPanda (or any of the other Wiltshire brides)? I'm on the hunt for an affordable one!

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Little_MrsA2B ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married in Wiltshire too. Expensive yes Smiley sad But all these things add up. I keep telling myself it'll be alright!

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I'm happy to pass on the details for my caterer if you need them ?
    He is only doing our evening buffet though as we are having our wedding breakfast in a separate venue to our evening reception.

• F
    Beginner August 2016
    FutureMrsMarshall ·
    • Hide content

Yes please! Any information helps! ? I've tried sending you a private message but can't get it to work, could you try sending me one if you don't want to put the details here? Thanks so much!

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I always have trouble with the private messages but I will try now ?

• UnionJackDream
    Beginner March 2016
    UnionJackDream ·
    • Hide content

Hello

i am from Trowbridge and we are getting married in The Moonraker (formally the Old Manor) they do great deals out of season otherwise we wouldn't of been able to afford it.

We are getting married on 26 March next year and have 90 day guests and 150 evening.

xxx

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

Have they knocked down that derelict sausage factory in Trowbridge yet?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics