Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner February 2014

Winding up the Hen before her Hen Do - Is this the norm?!

Follies123, 22 of November of 2013 at 11:54 Posted on Planning 0 11

So potentially I am being a bit of a lunatic! My bridesmaids have organised my whole hen do (which is next week) which I'm very grateful for however over the last couple of weeks they have started to wind me up about what we are doing (my worst nightmares) even going to the effort of accidentally on purpose sending me an itinerary of my hen do and it was my worst nightmare, it turns out the whole thing was just one big joke to wind me up and "put me off the scent" so to speak. They have just send me a what you need list and I went back and said thank you and that I'm a lil nervous and one of them came back and said "so you should be mwhahahah"!

I'm sure probably I do need to lighten up and bit and just take it on the chin but with a million different other things to worry about I was actually really enjoying not having to worry about that. Is this the norm and I've just missed the memo?! I'm gone from being really excited about it to feeling really really nervous about it and wanting to hide for the whole wkd ha!! xx

11 replies

Latest activity by rachd03, 25 of November of 2013 at 17:10
  • Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Mine wound me up so much that I was having a stripper, which would be my worst nightmare. They didn't get me one BTW.

I would hope that as they're your good friends that they're just pulling your leg! I'm sure it will be perfect.

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

Yep completly normal, my sisters have been winding me up about it all the time. Hinting at a stripper - the one thing i said 100% no to. Also they love just saying little bits in a conversation then when i look all confused and ask questions they change the subject. On the bottom of every email is an evil laugh and a message to be frightened.

This is typical of my sisters though and i would do the same to them (if not even worse, like your email ha) i think its all part of it. I have not let myself think about the hen do or it would do my head in not knowing what was happening. I trust my sisters 100% and they know that pay back would be bad ha.

Just enjoy not having to plan it and take it all in good fun. They are just trying to worry you and build it up - probably not even knowing its worrying you - bet you will have an amazing time.

Make sure you give us a report on the hen do!

• F
    Beginner February 2014
    Follies123 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies! U've settled my nerves, as long as I know it is quite normal that's fine. I don't recall it ever happening with any of my other friends so that's what made me wonder. Ordinarily I'm all for a bit of "banter" so that's probably why they are doing it and presume I'm just laughing along. I'll forget about it until next week!

xx

• D
    Beginner April 2014
    DaisyDot ·
    • Hide content

Mine are doing the same! Although taking it too far sometimes. I've lost count the number of times they've made me cry as I'm so stressed out about everything else. I've often gone through the stage of wishing I wasn't having bridesmaids as they have caused me more stress (dresses etc) than anything else.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I've organised my own hen dos as I'm a control freak and couldn't let them plan it for me and they're still all winding me up saying they're going to plan surprises.

Don't worry about it, they're your friends and won't plan anything you won't enjoy

• F
    Beginner February 2014
    Follies123 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ha! This is me! So glad I'm not the only one feeling this way, although I haven't get cried. They haven't been stressful at all (apart from a minor shoe disagreement) so I suppose I can't complain xx

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

My Mom and friend who organised mine do the same. There were even this on the list of things I needed to bring that were chucked in to try and throw me off the scent. I think it is pretty normal. MoH did take a break from it long enough to reassure me that I'd love it but then it was back to 'which colour m and m do you want to be dressed up as?'

Anyway, it is the morning after mine and they did me proud. I think if they know you well and respect you then you will have nothing to worry about.

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

Oh yes, I got a fake list of things to bring and a fake itinerary of the weekend!

• F
    Beginner February 2014
    Follies123 ·
    • Hide content

Ok so over the weekend I have calmed down, think I was just having a bit of a moment on Fri! Thanks for all your comments and at least I know I'm not alone in a big of leg pulling! Its on Saturday and I've got a trip to Manchester for a few days before so I'm looking forward to it now! Although I could have done with more than 7 days notice that I'll need my bikini!! xx

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So glad your looking forward to it ... and you need your bikini!! How exciting. Hope you have a fantastic time.

• rachd03
    Beginner May 2014
    rachd03 ·
    • Hide content

Totally normal!!! I did it to my best friend about hers and now she is getting her own back on me about mine!! Its more fun being on the wind up side haha! She was convinced she was being dressed as a Willy - it was Wheres Wally Smiley winking x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics