Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

cford09
Beginner March 2013

Window and windowsill decorations - anyone thought about this?

cford09, 13 of May of 2012 at 17:33 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi girls!

Firstly, I'm really excited because we took OH's brother and his wife to see our venue yesterday and it was all set up for a wedding! Not seen it set up before!

The venue is a converted mill so the room that we have the ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening do in is quite large and rectangular with lots of big windows down either side. It's beautiful!

While we were there, I noticed that the people having their wedding there had a metal heart hanging in each window and a floral arrangement on each windowsill. It hadn't even crossed my mind to dress the windows, but as they are so big and there are so many, I did realise they would look very bare if they were just left.

Similarly, because there are so many, whatever we choose to put there will end up being quite costly! Does anyone have any idea what we could do? Not sure if it helps but our colour theme is different shades of pink and white.

Thank you :-)

6 replies

Latest activity by Laura, 4 of April of 2024 at 11:10
  • schiocco
    Beginner July 2012
    schiocco ·
    • Hide content

My reception is also in the mill with similar windows I expect. I have made strings of bunting for across the windows and also curtain tie backs (not sure if your venue has curtains?). I like the metal and wicker hanging hearts but agree that they are quite expensive. I think flowers would cost you a small fortune on every window. You could make stuffed fabric hanging hearts? Cheap and easy!

• BadgerBeetle
    Beginner November 2012
    BadgerBeetle ·
    • Hide content

We only have shallow windows but we will be dressing them with tee-lites, and maybe little jam jars of flowers in the wedding colours. The church windows are being dressed with little cans and welly boots (see my post about flower costs for photos!) filled with flowers in the wedding colours, and bigger candles Smiley smile xx

• Mrs-HFA
    Beginner December 2012
    Mrs-HFA ·
    • Hide content

I'm filling our wiindow sills with lots of scented votive candles, pureely because we're having a Christmas wedding and it's more to add to the ambience of the room as oppposed to decoration for the room, if you know what I mean.

• Flawless Weddings
    Flawless Weddings ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

What about narrow metal or wicker troughs. You can buy distressed cream metal. Full them with lavender plants or marguerites(daisies) and then you can plant them in the garden or give them to guests after the wedding.:-)

• S
    East London
    Samara ·
    • Hide content

People have been decorating their windows since time immemorial. There is a really wide range of ideas, from various symbols, to handmade crafts, and even pictures. Some people even write words on their windows simply for the amusement of it. This month we are going to take a look at some of the most common themes and ideas in window decoration.

• Laura
    Beginner June 2025 Durham
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    Silk / fake flowers and foliage would be cheaper and probably still give that "wow pretty" effect for the windows.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics