Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

~Peanut~
Beginner December 2012

Winter bride shrug/bolero

~Peanut~, 25 March, 2012 at 17:25 Posted on Planning 0 5

I'm getting married in December, and as it's winter and I also have a bit of a back fat issue with my dress (!) I was thinking of wearing some kind of shrug or bolero. I don't want someting that overpowers my dress too much though.

This is my dress:

I was thinking of getting a fake fur shrug similar to this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LUXURIOUS-IVORY-LONG-HAIRED-FAUX-FUR-SHRUG-SIZE-6-14-/130429622737?pt=UK_Wedding_Clothing&var=&hash=item641e6bf36a

Do you think it would go with my dress? What are other winter brides wearing (or worn)?

5 replies

Latest activity by Gemicle, 6 April, 2012 at 15:31
  • Mrs-HFA
    Beginner December 2012
    Mrs-HFA ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, I can't access the link you've posted.

At a recent wedding show I tried a few on, after having previously thinking I wanted a long haired ostrich one, but tbh, I felt kinda 'lost' in it. I've now opted for this style, which was much more flattering....

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure what's wrong with the link but it's basically the same as yours but with long hair. That's what I was worried about really, that the long hair might be too "big". Think I might go for a short haired one instead now, thanks for the help!

• AllyMcBear
    Beginner June 2012
    AllyMcBear ·
    • Hide content

Try the website "wrapor" Kay that runs it is really nice and helpful.

• *AJS*
    Beginner December 2012
    *AJS* ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married in December too! I bought my dress this weekend so I have been thinking about what I will wear for a bit of warmth.

I really like what you have chosen but I'm not sure if it will go with your dress because of the halterneck straps?

Your dress is stunning!

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

Well that's what I'm not sure about, most wraps I've seen cover up the front of the dress which I don't want as the halterneck and detail on the front is the feature of the dress, so that's why I was thinking of a bolero style which leaves the front open. What do you think would go with it?

Thank you! ?

• G
    Beginner December 2012
    Gemicle ·
    • Hide content

I'm going long sleeved short fur bolero (it covers a lot) but i won't be wearing it indoors as the wedding coordinator said it'll be very warm with heating and all. Maybe check with your venue and then decide? Coast does a lovely range that cover just shoulders and your back but are a bit fluffy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics