Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

winter wedding - when do you wear the shrug?

3 of August of 2013 at 08:00 Posted on Planning 0 2

I have a marabou shrug but don't know when i am supposed to wear it!

We are having a civil ceremony in a hotel with reception etc there too.

pics will be outside if weather ok straight after ceremony.

should I have it on to walk down the isle in or put it on to go outside? The same question applies to the bms.

The shrugs make the bms look glamorous but would me wearing one take attention from my dress?

2 replies

Latest activity by Siobhan200286, 5 of August of 2013 at 14:26
  • DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I've had a few where the Ladies have shrugs. They walked down the aisle without them and then put them on after but you can wear them whenever you want.

• Horace
    Dedicated November 2013
    Horace ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

i'm getting married in November and am thinking about a shrug too - if I get one I plan to do exactly as DaffodilWaves suggests, that way I get a variety of photos!

• Siobhan200286
    Beginner August 2015
    Siobhan200286 ·
    • Hide content

It really depends what you feel comfortable with. If you want to 'wow' in your dress then don't wear the shrug for your grand entrance, but you could put it on after the ceremony. You could have a mixture of pics, some wearing it and some not, to make the most of your dress and the different look you get with the shrug. If you choose not to wear it for the ceremony then you could wear it for your entrance into the reception - guests will see something slightly different from your first entrance into the ceremony. In terms of BMs, if it was me, I would have them do the opposite to whatever I decided personally, i.e. when you're wearing yours, they don't wear theirs; I think I'd do this to stand out and because I'm not big into everything matching.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics