Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mellow_Yellow
Beginner May 2012

Wisdom tooth pain *HELP*

Mellow_Yellow, 17 January, 2012 at 12:29 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 14

I have bonjela, antiseptic mouthwash - but can anyone recommend a really good painkiller that I don't need a prescription for?

14 replies

Latest activity by Mellow_Yellow, 17 January, 2012 at 22:36
  • AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

Nurofen Plus is good for tooth pain. Recommended to me when I had a tooth abscess (yeuch) but there must be a cheaper generic version too.

• SassyT
    Beginner August 2013
    SassyT ·
    • Hide content

Co-codamol and Ibuprofen! Stagger them 2 hours apart if needed. Both can be bought generic with much cheapness
    And sleep as propped up as you can, makes a massive difference

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

this, tho makes me feel sick!

I have every ounce fo sympathy for you , its the worst pain and really, nothing you can do about it!

• LuLu_x
    Beginner May 2012
    LuLu_x ·
    • Hide content

I had major tooth ache from my wisdom tooth until I got it out, I found the best thing for the pain was clove oil (put on some cotton wool and dab onto the area that hurt) helped tho tasted disgusting. Pain killers didn't seem to help much with mine I was up all night with the pain!

• Natalie2011
    Beginner September 2012
    Natalie2011 ·
    • Hide content

Also try ORAGEL it numbs your gum arround the tooth and helps a little with the pain!

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone - I literally feel like I've been punched in the jaw by a very strong man! The whole side of my face from head down to tonsils is achy ☹️

Off to Boots soon based on your recommendations!

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not sure if this is the same thing as Oragel, but I swear by liquid Anbesol. You can find it in Boots. It's a liquid which you rub onto your gum and it totally, totally numbs it. Painkillers are fine, but this numbs it right at the source and is instant. It's a nice small portable bottle too. Sorry if I sound evangelical about it but I was suffering so much with wisdom tooth pain a couple of years ago and this was the only thing that helped and it was SO brilliant that I want everyone to know about it!!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that instead of buying super-strength painkillers, you go and see a dentist...?

Failing that, anything with codeine in it.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

Co-codamol is heavenly (particularly if you can get prescription strength). Highly addictive. Make sure you eat something with them if you can though.

• B
    Beginner September 2012
    bia57 ·
    • Hide content

I can't really add anything more in terms of pain relief, but I would recommend rinsing your mouth with salt water. I'm waiting to get my last wisdom tooth out and it keeps getting infected so I'm using to salt water to help clear up the infections.

Feel for you though, wisdom tooth pain sucks

• spikeygoodness
    Beginner
    spikeygoodness ·
    • Hide content

I was going to suggest co-codamol too, I think they're about the best painkillers you can get over the counter. Plus FLOMB's suggestion of a dentist...

• LeaLeigh
    Dedicated September 2012
    LeaLeigh ·
    • Hide content

Having one wisdom removed and having the other currently impacting (constant teething) I very much feel your pain.

Warm salt water as disgusting as it sounds and similar to antiseptic wash and not really a painkiller takes the edge off

• avintagebride
    Beginner March 2012
    avintagebride ·
    • Hide content

I feel your pain. I have been the unluckiest person when it comes to teeth. All of my wisdom teeth gave me hell coming through. My top 2 have now *I think* finished coming through, but have grew side ways [:'(] so aswell as the usual pain they now scrape the inside of my cheek. Attempting to put up with it as don't want them removed!

Anyway, pain relief......I will second clove oil and co-codamol.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooops! I should've mentioned that my dentist has assured me that it is growing in fine, and is not infected...she said that so long as I brush it thoroughly it should be fine and she prescribed the antiseptic mouthwash. She said pain relief was the way forward, but I've never used anything more than ibuprofen which are no longer working.

I popped by the chemist earlier and bought clove oil and cocodomol (sp) which the chemist said I can take along with ibuprofen - thanks everyone for the advice!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics