Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner October 2016

Wishing Tree instead of Guest Book

Pink Sparkle, 27 of July of 2016 at 19:48 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hello

Me and OH have decided on having a wishing tree instead of a guest book. Have any of you used a wishing tree - did it work? Is anyone else planning on using one?

I think I have found some tags that we could use and ribbon will be easy to source. How many tags should I order for 70 guests. I assume couples will write one between them won't they? They come in packs of 50 so was thinking of ordering 50.

The tree will be a free standing LED blossom tree which will stand next to a table where we will place some kind of box/holder (yet to find!) with the tags in. I have seen wishing tree instruction signs and not sure whether we should have one. I don't like the ones I have seen as they are quite lengthy and wordy. Did anyone else have a sign or having one - what did it say? I'm worried that as the tree is decorative that people may not realise the tags are there.

I can't believe how long I have spent looking up wedding tags and wishing trees. Don't get me started on the different types of confetti I didn't know existed...I think I'm going crazy with all this wedding planning!

Thanks for reading and for sharing any words of wisdom you may have for me!

6 replies

Latest activity by Pink Sparkle, 30 of July of 2016 at 07:57
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I see these quite a bit and some advice would be to defiantly have some sort of instructions and to make sure that it is a prominent position and also to give someone the job of prompting people to do it.

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

We are having a wishing tree... in fact i'm making it myself- god help me!!

I found some nice plain white tags with scalloped edges on E-Bay- they came from China and were cheap as chips, but I am really pleased with them- reasonably thick card and a good size! Top tip when ordering- have a ruler handy to check the size- what sounds like it will be big enough in MM won't be big enough to write a price on let alone a message!! I have attached ribbons to them so they are easy to hang (hopefully!) and have bought enough tags for each couple/family for the day and the evening and plenty of spares for those drunken mistakes!!

I'm also going to make as sign for ours, words to the effect of 'Grab a tag and blag a pen then leave your wishes for the new Mr & Mrs'

OK, that needs some work, but you get the idea ?

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I find that guests often don't know what to do with them. I try to explain and encourage people to do it!

I think it would be easier if you put a tag at each place setting and explained in the grooms speech what to do.

• katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

My friend had one at her wedding last week. She was worried that people wouldn't use it so prepped a few of us and her bridesmaids before so we could encourage people. She ended up with A LOT of drunken scribbles and drawings from me at the end of the night! ha ha!!

Definitely get a sign. And fab idea to ask your OH to explain during his speech!x

• P
    Beginner October 2016
    Pink Sparkle ·
    • Hide content

That looks lovely Junie.

• P
    Beginner October 2016
    Pink Sparkle ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the tips. Will definitely look for a sign or maybe make one. Was thinking something along the lines of...

Grab a tag and write your wishes and words for us to see. Don't forget to include your name and then hang it on the tree.

Something like that anyway?

Good tip about checking the size of the cards...will do that before I order them! Now just need to brief the bridesmaids and make sure OH includes it in his speech.

Thanks everyone they are really good ideas. I feel a bit more confident my wishing tree will get used!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics