Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner April 2011

wishing well post box

arnold2b, 4 February, 2011 at 14:53 Posted on Planning 0 9

Anyone able to recommend where to get one from? I like that the guests can make a wish before they post a card. I have found a tacky looking one on ebay, or a nice wooden one that I can hire, but looking for something in between!

Whats your experience of having these? They also look quite small, but I think the big post boxes look a bit dull and can look like your cheekily expecting lots!

9 replies

Latest activity by Lil'Guy Celebration Stationery, 5 February, 2011 at 15:11
  • millie&me
    Beginner October 2016
    millie&me ·
    • Hide content

I can make post boxes - there are a few examples on my website here: www.millieandme.net

http://millieandme.net/

But if you want a proper wishing well then you need to look here:

http://www.aweddingwishingwell.com/

There is another HIB on here who makes them too, but I can;t remember who it is - sorry! I'm sure someone else will be along with more suggestions!

Nicky

• TheCakeNinja
    TheCakeNinja ·
    • Hide content

That would be me ? www.aweddingwishingwell.com is mine too, its just an extra part of Lilypond Weddings. The wells are now so popular that we had to give them a website all of their own hehe!

Andrea

• A
    Beginner April 2011
    arnold2b ·
    • Hide content

Aw thank you they look lovely, especially the pink with matching stanionary! I just hadnt imagined spending so much on a wishing well, thought there might be some nice DIY kits that I could get. Hobby craft didnt have any when I went there either. hmmmm

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

My H2B fancies getting crafty so he is going to make one ( we'll see what it looks like) bless him!

• tmr1234
    Beginner June 2011
    tmr1234 ·
    • Hide content

I have made my own heres a pic it was really easy as well

• tinkerbelly1983
    Beginner October 2011
    tinkerbelly1983 ·
    • Hide content

I saw some boxes on ebay for about £8! I'm just gonna jazz up a shoe box!!!

• TheCakeNinja
    TheCakeNinja ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our wells are solid wood with lockable lids, hence the price, but we do have tall postboxes too http://www.lilypondweddings.com/weddingpostbox.htm as well as the new tiered type postoxes here http://www.lilypondweddings.com/newtieredpostbox.htm

If you want to make one yourself though I suggest having a look on ebay for the plain boxes. They are quite cheap and you can then decorate as much or as little as you want ?

hth

Andrea

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

That's what i told my H2B, but he's adamant that hes going to make one out of wood. He is good at woodwork, so ill give him that. Ill flash if it looks any good! haha

• TheCakeNinja
    TheCakeNinja ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

You have to! Its a hitched rule! haha!

Im sure it will look lovely and good on him for wanting to have a go ?

• L
    Lil'Guy Celebration Stationery ·
    • Hide content

Some friends of ours had a cardboard wishing well post box - unfortunately the posting slot was too small and under a sort of arch thing so couldn't be accessed very easily - someone in the end just removed the lid so that cards could just be put in the bottom part which rather spoilt the effect!

There are different size post boxes and although they are plain they are very reasonably priced (I have one or two for £5) and can be decorated with ribbons and/or flowers to look spectacular. I did one for my neice's wedding last year and picked out their initials in Swarovski crystals on a wide satin ribbon.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics