Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2014

'Wisteria' purple wedding theme - help needed

Sept14, 13 of October of 2013 at 21:23 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi

I'm new to the forum, getting married next September and have been lurking around but first post... I have decided on a wedding theme of wisteria purple with green and ivory, I'm struggling to find chair sashes to match and wondered if anyone has had or having the same theme and could share what sash they've gone with?

Thanks!

7 replies

Latest activity by Sept14, 14 of October of 2013 at 12:47
  • Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea what wisteria purple is but do you need chair sashes? Could you get away with The chairs without covers/sashes or hire in chair instead?

If you have to have chair covers could you match them with the green instead or have something like gold in organza so it's fairly neutral but you could add gold elsewhere to bring them in?

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Hi and welcome! I think you will struggle to be honest getting exact shades in chair sashes. I've seen lilac chair sashes and purple but nothing varying in between so to speak. As wisteria is leaning more towards lilac, I'd also be tempted to go with a contrast rather than trying to match. The colours DreamCatchMe suggests are all great choices - I really like the sound of sheer gold!

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Cheers RainbowFlorist - this wedding lark must be bringing out my inner creative side ?

• Leedsbride2015
    Beginner May 2015
    Leedsbride2015 ·
    • Hide content

Could you not have an ivory sash with a wisteria purple flower in instead? x

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

As others have suggested, a neutral sash would probably be your easiest option.

We aren't having a colour scheme as such but having lots of splashes of colour. We've gone for a champagne coloured sash so it doesn't clash with any other colours we end up using.

• MrsOh
    Beginner May 2014
    MrsOh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooooh, this sounds like a really pretty idea. Maybe even make tissue paper flowers/pom pom thingys to attach to the chairs?

x

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sept14 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, I think I will go with a neutral shade with the possibility of adding a purple flower/decoration to tie in. The floral centre pieces will prodimately be purple so I don't want to overdo it!

Thanks for all your help, I'm sure you'll see me around quite a bit over the next 11 months ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics