Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner September 2020

Witnesses pulled out, our wedding is next week!

ExpensiveOrangeFlowers55868, 19 of March of 2020 at 21:29 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi there, my partner and I are getting married at a registry office next week and due to the Coronavirus our witnesses have pulled out! I completely understand but now we don’t know what to do!

I guess you could say we are eloping, our families and most of our friends don’t know as we want low key and simple.

We don’t live near where we are getting married, and due to not wanting people to know yet, we are stuck.

I know that registry staff cannot be witnesses but I think our final option is to go to the registry office a couple of days before and ask the registry office staff for their help to find a couple of witnesses.

We would ask people off the street but I’m thinking streets won’t be as busy as normal. In a few days we may not even have a ceremony the way things are going. Sad times.

3 replies

Latest activity by LittleGardenGnome22593, 10 of April of 2020 at 10:24
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Is there a local community page you could post a request on? Some give you the option to message the page, so you could ask for the request to be posted by a third party, keeping your names out of it.

I can understand people being anxious, but if there are only the 4 of you plus registrar, there should be loads of space for you to keep to the social distancing rules, so practically no risk at all.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

You could also post your wedding location on here to see if any of us are local & could help?

• E
    Beginner September 2020
    ExpensiveOrangeFlowers55868 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for your messages. I will have a look for community pages.

Our ceremony is in Penzance (St John’s Hall), if anyone happens to live nearby and has the time to be our witnesses would be great and very much appreciated! I’m not sure when we will do it if not now.

• L
    Beginner July 2020
    LittleGardenGnome22593 ·
    • Hide content

Did you manage to get married in the end?

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics