Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Arquard
Beginner May 2011

Wonderbra Ultimate Strapless

Arquard, 3 April, 2011 at 16:09 Posted on Planning 0 22

I have bought one! Went to Debenhams today in a mad panic because I have my dress fitting on Tuesday, need THE underwear for the day and have felt abysmally ill all week so haven't bought anything. Anyway, I lined up 3 in various sizes around what Bravissimo measured me at last time I was there, and found one that fits! The effect is *COFF* interesting. It seemed to make my boobs a tiny bit smaller (fine by me!) but look fantasmagorically pert. I even did my own little bounce and wiggle test; true to word, the thing didn't slip down or require any 'hoiking' at all. I am rather impressed. It's not at all comfy to wear, but that's a small price to pay for how perfect it is!

In case anyone's been eyeing them up, you can actually get them in a lacy version as well as the plain black and nude colours. Actually looks kinda pretty in a scaffolding sort of way!

22 replies

Latest activity by Peaseblossom, 6 April, 2011 at 16:06
  • Peaseblossom
    Beginner March 2013
    Peaseblossom ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I work in the Debenhams bra department and it is a very popular bra, the only thing that puts people off is the lack of matching knickers and the fact that it's sometimes a little uncomfy to sit down in! It doesn't suit everyone but when it works it's fantastic! ?

• Mynnie the Moocher
    Beginner May 2011
    Mynnie the Moocher ·
    • Hide content

I tried one of these after seeing everybody rave about them and I absolutely hated it!

It was incredibly uncomfy and fell down when I did the wiggle test....but I do have a 'D' cup, so they do take quite a lot of restraining!? It's a shame really, because it's the first pretty, lacey strapless bra I've seen but I've had to go back to the old faithful M&S plain one.

• Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content

I tried this on in the nude & cream lace. I found it incredibly comfortable and it definitely kept my boobies in place!! But I was put off because there were no matching knickers and also, as the op said I do think it makes your boobs look a little bit smaller - something I definitely don't need!!

• SoontobeMrsB
    Beginner October 2011
    SoontobeMrsB ·
    • Hide content

Sammyjay - it does get better! The first day I wore it I was glad to take it off by night, the second time was much better.

I'm a D too and it's stayed put on me. It's the first strapless bra that I've ever worn for more than an hour or so. I've got the lacy one & it's much nicer than the plain nude. The lack of matching knickers is putting me off wearing it for my wedding thought but we'll see.

• SoontobeMrsB
    Beginner October 2011
    SoontobeMrsB ·
    • Hide content

There is good boning in my dress & it's got a corset back but I don't think I'd feel at all comfortable without a bra on. I will try it both ways though, just to see which works best.

• Mynnie the Moocher
    Beginner May 2011
    Mynnie the Moocher ·
    • Hide content

I won't be wearing one under mine.

It's got a corset style top and I've tried it with and without, but it looks better without......it allows it to be tighter so it fits better IYSWIM.

TBH, I really didn't feel like I needed one once I was strapped in....everything felt perfectly secure!!?

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I'm a 34F and it stayed up fine on me. I'm fairly *ahem* squashy though so there was lots to grip onto! Maybe if you're slimmer, it doesn't stay up as well? I dunno. The 36 back (which would be my usual size) didn't fit at all. Didn't fall down but didn't give me any support.

I think the tag on them said they go up to a G cup.

I'm going to be wearing mine lots in the next few weeks to try and either get used to how it feels or wear it in so it's comfier!

• Peaseblossom
    Beginner March 2013
    Peaseblossom ·
    • Hide content

It goes up to an F cup and a 38 backsize. ?

• SoontobeMrsB
    Beginner October 2011
    SoontobeMrsB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm usually a 34 back and went down a size as well as it fit better. Seems to be a common thing with them.

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

I tried one of those on which did nothing for me and my 32D chest as I don't really need holding up as much as I need pushing up.. iykwim?

I really liked the look of the Wonderbra Ultimate strapless so I was annoyed that it didn't do me justice at all. I'm on the lookout for the Ultimo Roulette strapless bra in my size but I can't find it anywhere!!!!

• GemmaLouise1986
    Beginner
    GemmaLouise1986 ·
    • Hide content

Trickers - I'm a 32F and was very impressed by it.

My only criticism is lack of matching knickers.

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

They do thongs to match;

But they only do ones to match the lacy bras.

• SoontobeMrsB
    Beginner October 2011
    SoontobeMrsB ·
    • Hide content

I hadn't seen them - thanks for that!

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's very strange. I am a 40DD and it works wonders! never fell! I went dancing the other night with my black one on and it stayed in place!!! I also went to Debenhams for it and they told me that the key is to get measured and ensure you are buying the right size otherwise it will fall or pinch or look strange. I thought I was a 38DD but apparently I am a 40 DD.

• Mynnie the Moocher
    Beginner May 2011
    Mynnie the Moocher ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Having read the rest of the replies, I think I might have needed a different size. I bought it by mail order and just bought my usual bra size, but I'm wondering now if the back size lower might be a better fit. I'll have to go and have a session in Debenhams trying on when I'm next in town - I'd really love one of the lacey ones

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That said, I had forgotten to say that when it comes to strapless, almost always the size you need is different from what you normally wear!

• Mynnie the Moocher
    Beginner May 2011
    Mynnie the Moocher ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooh, really? I didn't realise that!

Please tell me there's a magic formula I can use? I hate having to try things on in changing rooms! I've always just bought my usual size, but this is the first time I've had real fitting problems. That said, they are a very different design and a lot more rigid than any of my M&S numbers!

• sara.jo
    Beginner June 2011
    sara.jo ·
    • Hide content

I bought the nude /lace one and love it! Debenhams told me there was no matching knickers for the bra which put me off. However, a trip to house of Fraser sorted that out. They do sell a matching thong for the bra...so I bought two pairs!! Shall prob use the set on honeymoon too.

• Peaseblossom
    Beginner March 2013
    Peaseblossom ·
    • Hide content

Just thought I'd add that Freya have just brought out a new strapless bra called Deco, it goes up to a GG cup and is fab!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics