Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hayley
Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk

Wooden cake stand

Hayley, 18 of September of 2021 at 18:34 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 6
Hello all. My friend can do pyrography (burn writing in to wood). I'm really hoping we can get her to write on our cake stand for us. However, I am struggling to find the right thing. It needs to be dry to write on. Any ideas? Thanks.

6 replies

Latest activity by Hayley, 19 of September of 2021 at 09:50
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    Are you just looking for single tier? Also when u say dry, do u mean untreated or varnished?
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your reply. The cake will be 3 tiers so just under the bottom one. Our cake maker said it will need to be at least 18 inches. I am thinking the rustic, log slice ones and would say untreated as I believe you have to be careful what you burn in to. Thanks. Wooden cake stand 1

• Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    Hmmm, not the easiest thing to search. I tried putting in things like extra large ( as it mostly seems to be 20cm or less) unfinished log slices, or log slice for pyrography and it may prove quite tricky. You could try calling a few florists/garden centres to see if they can get hold of anything (but just tell them it's for an art project as I'll bet they'd overcharge u based on the word wedding!) Good luck!
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Louise. Yes, it's not proving easy to do. Might have to go with an already customised one or leave one blank if not. Just thought it a nice idea.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Hobby craft sell large log stands, may be worth a look. Or see if you have a local woodsman who may be able to sell you an offcut which will be pure so untreated
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Charlotte, good suggestions

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics