Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

TreacleTart
Beginner May 2015

Wooden chairs - seat pads or not? (Flash)

TreacleTart, 7 of April of 2014 at 18:58 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi all, our venue has wooden chairs (see pic) n I t's been pointed out to me that it might get a bit uncomfortable to sit on them throughout dinner, what are your thoughts? I'm usually the first to get an uncomfy bum if I'm sat on a hard chair for ages, but this hadn't occurred to me at all n not sure I'd have noticed it at a wedding. If seat pads are a good idea does any one know of any hire companies in the worcestershire (or Herefordshire/Gloucestershire/midlands) area?? X

7 replies

Latest activity by TreacleTart, 8 of April of 2014 at 10:34
  • pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

I would say deffo yes. Numb bums are not good. x

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I'm a numb bum sufferer too and would definitely appreciate a seat pad! Because I've got short legs (4ft 11 and a half) and my feet never touch the ground when I sit properly on a chair, the whole weight of my body is on my bum and thighs and it hurts like hell Smiley sad If they are slippy wood, then the pads with ties on may be best as just a pad may keep slipping off as people are shuffling around.

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

People will be required to sit still for 2 hours right? I don't think you need to take responsibility for the comfort of their posteriors .. Unless you have lots of money to spare .. In which case as a guest I'd expect nothing less than NASA quality memory foam covered in mink.

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Duplicate

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    H3LEN ·
    • Hide content

I would, it's not only numb bums if you have any guest with joint problems it will be really painful.

if I sat on these chairs for two hours I wouldn't be able to walk for the rest of the day.

Maybe you could do every other one and make sure them who needed them got them?

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Haha chairs are one of my biggest annoyances over the wedding! I think those chairs look a bit unfinished without seat pads. I'd ask the venue what the deal with them is, and if people usually hire in seat pads (and where from!). You could buy plain cream tie on seat pads (IKEA etc.) and try and sell them to the venue after!

I come with plenty padding on my own on my backside, so would probably be ok, but I know lots would find them uncomfortable.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I could probably just about sit still for two hours but I certainly wouldn't want to be limited to a wooden chair for the whole day and possibly evening though. I would have to get up and walk about a lot or wander off and find a comfy sofa somewhere to recover. I also think that older people with joint problems would find it very uncomfortable too.

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the opinions! I think seat pads it is...the only ones I found to hire though were a different shape to the chairs so dont think theyd fit... I will ask the venue if they know of any hire places. To me they dont look unfinished, I really like the look of them, and all the wedding photos Ive seen of the place theres never been any seat pads/chair covers on them so its obviously something most people havent thought about (or if they have, ahve decided it doesnt matter), but I guess I dont want my guests to have uncomfy backsides while theyre eating! If I cant find any reasonably priced to hire I might consider purchasing some if they were cheap enough but dont want loads of leftover cushions after the day (dont think the venue would buy them, although I havnt actually asked I just cant see it, if theyve not provided seat cushions for the last 6-7 ish years with no complaints not sure theyd be fussed! but you never know...) I could do the every other chair having one thing but then possibly cue the sad faces of the people who dont get one! maybe a big basket of them somewhere for those who think they'll need one....I'll look into it!

Cheers!

PS only my sweet tushy would get mink covered memory foam!! lol ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics