Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Wooden fan OOS

25 March, 2011 at 13:59 Posted on Planning 0 5

I want to get or make programmes as fans like these:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/57920040/as-seen-in-brides-magazine-wedding

https://www.etsy.com/listing/64665474/monogram-circular-program-fan

It seems a perfect idea for a summer wedding. Wondering if it's possible to buy handles cheaply and attach them or if it's better to not worry about it and just order ready-made? In which case I wonder where as I'd want to use a design to match my invites. Does anywhere do this? Any advice appreciated. If it's too much hassle I will just ditch the idea though.

5 replies

Latest activity by *libby*, 26 March, 2011 at 08:26
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

It's hard to tell the size but my first impression when I saw the stick was that it was the sort of thing you'd find in an ice cream.

http://www.ashwood.biz/flat-ice-lolly-sticks-902-p.asp at £4 for 100 but minimum order of £17.00 so you might find other things you need there?

I would guess the outers are simply printed, folded and glued with something like UHU or PVA to attach the stick to the paper?

• M
    Beginner July 2011
    MissDoone ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm doing this! We're printing our information on one piece of landscape A4 card and then folding over (down the middle) and sticking with good double sided tape (order online or get at hobbycraft) and putting the stick in when we fold the card over so that it's in the middle of the halved card. Hope that makes sense! The lolly sticks I looked at all needed a minimum order etc like AJ said above but I ordered some tongue depressors from a medical supplies shop and it was about £4-5 for 100 and then about £5 delivery charge so I didn't think £10 was bad for 100 handles. The company I got them from was medisave.co.uk and they were really good and had excellent customer service. They didn't have them in stock when I ordered so I got regular updates from them telling me that they'd be with me within a fortnight and I still recieved them a week earlier than that.

I would definitely do it. It's a novel idea and something people will remember from the day as a personal touch!! Smiley smile

• sara.jo
    Beginner June 2011
    sara.jo ·
    • Hide content

I did this (trying to paste a pic of them on but having issues!)

I bought my bow tie shaped lolly sticks from eBay. There is a seller called Loypack. I asked to him to sell me 100 (he sells them in batches of 250)and including delivery they were £2.40! Then I used 2 sheets of cards and stuck the lolly stick in between them with White pva glue. Then on one side I wanted a pretty summery pattern. All the papers stationary shops sell are about £1.25 per sheet and I needed about 50! So I had the amazing brain wave of buying a roll of.......wallpaper! Sounds weird but I am so happy with them!!!

Then I just bought a corner hole punch from Hobbycraft. Just got to do the other side (which is ivory card) by writing the Order of Day on there and the Bridal party names..Our wedding is outside so I have a lovely cream basket to put them in and people can help themselves or I may ask someone to give them out.

• prettywild
    prettywild ·
    • Hide content

Hi AnnieP

You can get them from ebay - specifically for paddle fans although they are mainly from the US - search for 'Paddle Fan sticks or handles'

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PADDLE-FAN-STICKS-Wavy-Wooden-Fan-Sticks-pack-50-/140525445083?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b7f81fdb#ht_1569wt_907

they tend to be slightly wider and nicer shaped than standard lolly sticks

HTH

I'm in the middle of designing a very special vintage Vaudeville show style OOS at the moment - something with that style typography would suit your theme perfectly on an OOS fan

• *libby*
    Beginner June 2011
    *libby* ·
    • Hide content

Oh i want to do these now too!! We get married outdoors too, in June so should be perfect!!

As for the sticks craft shops should do them, we have a little one near us thats nothing special and does them in a few sizes for a few pounds a pack.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics