Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

daisymoo86
Beginner July 2016

Wooden Heart drop guestbook

daisymoo86, 24 of June of 2015 at 10:57 Posted on Planning 0 8

I keep seeing these and love the idea of them however the ones I've seen range from £60 -£120 and it seems a lot for something that you could essentially put together yourself.

I've found the laser cut wooden hearts on eBay for £8 for the number I would need at the larger size I would want (4cms). However, now I would need to find a box frame with a drop hole at the top. Any ideas where I could maybe find one of these?

TIA

8 replies

Latest activity by Bridally, 29 of June of 2015 at 19:55
  • Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

I'm buying my 'make your own' kit from here - it looks like it includes spacing strips as well as giving advice on what size frame to buy:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/0?hash=item51d2d1c7f8

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks

I think what I still don't understand from that one though is how the hearts would get 'posted' in at the top by the guests?

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

I think with that pack from ebay you have to cut the hole yourself and attach the "post here" slot to the hole.

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Ah that makes sense, thank you. I have emailed the Seller for them to confirm that also. But looking at it then, I could buy the hearts I have seen for £8, buy a slim box frame, pop a hole in the top and that's the same thing. Obviously make it look fancy etc. But so much cheaper than buying a pre done one.

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

Yeah true - Let me know how you get on!

• Nims
    Beginner July 2015
    Nims ·
    • Hide content

We got one from here: http://www.spencerbrookesdesigns.co.uk/ourshop/cat_960612-Guest-Books.html

Ours was £40 delivered, the design isn't on there cos we sort of made it up- it's an A3 frame with 50 stars to go inside, and one large heart with our names and wedding date engraved on.

• B
    Beginner November 2015
    Bridally ·
    • Hide content

We're making our own. Bought a large box frame on eBay for 17.50 and hearts from eBay for about 4 quid! Going to cut the hole in the top.

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Would you mind sharing the frame you have gone for? Also, how will you cut a hole in the top? Thanks for any help!

• B
    Beginner November 2015
    Bridally ·
    • Hide content

I'll try and find the one I bought. It was about a year ago and I've had a quick search in emails and looked in eBay history but can't find it.

It was about 17 quid and I think it was a3 size. It's also painted grey as that's our colour scheme. Search shadow box frames on eBay!

Not 100% sure on cutting a hole yet... Hmm! I did find a tutorial somewhere online though.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics