Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Wooden letters - how to decorate?

15 August, 2011 at 20:45 Posted on Planning 0 10

If you have decorated wooden letters or are going to, e.g. Mr & Mrs or your initials, how have you done it/are you doing it? There'll be a mantelpiece behind our top table and I thought it would be nice to put our initials on there, so A&D. Just wondering how to decorate them e.g. paint, material, wrapping paper... any flashes or tips at all?

10 replies

Latest activity by Pompey, 15 August, 2011 at 21:50
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Spray paint. In my case, gold. Piece of cake. Plus, wrapping an "E" isn't easy.*

*Lurking police, this is not a drugs reference.

• MrsMac2be
    Super May 2015
    MrsMac2be ·
    • Hide content

As they are MDF, spray with primer ( a couple of coats) and then I'm topping it off with purple glitter spray paint, may sound hideous but hopefully it will look good heehee..

• Yotobari
    Beginner
    Yotobari ·
    • Hide content

If you're keen on 'wrapping' them then what you can do is get your paper (there are tonnes of lovely ones to choose from) lay your letter out on it, cut around with a craft knife and then glue it onto just the front. As the letters will be on a mantelpiece it should look fine.

• MonaLisaBrideToBe
    Beginner June 2012
    MonaLisaBrideToBe ·
    • Hide content

I am painting mine, made a start today actually!! x

• MrsMac2be
    Super May 2015
    MrsMac2be ·
    • Hide content

The great Bay of E, for me.... Smiley smile

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from eBay. They spell out Mr & Mrs followed by our married name. Am also going to spray with primer and then probably silver spray

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Are these suitable? Not sure how deep they are, or whether they stand up by themselves or not. Plain so need decorating. I think i'll be painting them white with tiny little flowers on, or perhaps sticking a silk flower to each one.

http://direct.hobbycraft.co.uk/products-Unpainted-8-Paper-Mache-3D-Letter-E_338962.htm

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting mine from the local craft shop (but they have loads on ebay too) and then I'm thinking of dabbing some bronze paint on them with a sponge to create a textured look. Looks good in my mind anyway...

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I painted mine white, decided I didnt like them and they are now covered in all of the small buttons I wont be using for my bouquet:

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics