Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

warlycarly
Beginner September 2012

WOOHOO! We have FINALLY agreed on a first dance song...

warlycarly, 21 March, 2012 at 23:43 Posted on Planning 0 56

After a lot of nagging to get OH to find a song he likes, and me having to sit and listen to all of them and the listen to the words, we have finally decided on Amy Winehouse - Will you still love me tomorrow?, unusual I know, but it is one we both like. Is anyone else having any unusual first dance songs and why?

56 replies

Latest activity by 50's pin up bride, 25 March, 2012 at 19:45
  • MrsONeill2B
    Beginner June 2014
    MrsONeill2B ·
    • Hide content

I really want Bon Jovi Bed of Roses for my first dance, not put this to OH yet but fingers crossed! Amy Winehouse is a good choice and an amazing song! Glad you decided on one! x

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    Bee26 ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't say it's an unusual choice but I haven't heard of anyone else having ours. It's dangerously in love by beyonce , I'm not really a fan of hers but the song is lovely

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure if this is unusual or not but we're having Paradise by Coldplay. It's just a song that kept coming on the radio a while back when we were thinking of songs and we both like it.

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

Yay! for picking your song Smiley smile

We are having Ohne Dich by Rammstein, which I guess is a bit unusual in that they are a German industrial/metal band Smiley winking

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If I wasnt already married this would have been my first choice.

• Gem_k
    Beginner July 2012
    Gem_k ·
    • Hide content

Hi Smiley smile

Our First Dance song has been so hard to pick. Everything I love my OH says is too 'cheesy' whereas all he picks is Oasis and i HATE Oasis with a passion! Finally he found a song that we both love and after listening to it and looking at the words it's perfect. It's The GooGoo Doll's Iris.

I can't wait! xx

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

AMAZING. I want to come to your wedding BV. I'll trade you my Hello Kitty docs for an invite ?

• Kadence
    Beginner September 2012
    Kadence ·
    • Hide content

We are having the Lauren Hill version of 'can't take my eyes off you' as 10 years ago when we first met a 15 year old OH put it on a CD and put it through my door!!

Here it is if you want a listen, it's lovely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjG6Qtij5fs

• S
    Beginner April 2012
    shellsworth ·
    • Hide content

We are having Morcombe & Wise - Bring me Sunhine Smiley smile We were put off when it started playing on the Asda advert but we like it Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner April 2012
    LEMBS8 ·
    • Hide content

I'm jealous! My OH still hasn't decided and the wedding is 3 weeks away! We spent last Sunday going through lists and lists to come back to the two I had originally suggested months ago ? He keeps listening to both but can't pick! I said we should have a practice dance to both and see which feels better...

• F
    Beginner March 2013
    flower71 ·
    • Hide content

At the moment (and I've got about 354 ish days to change my mind probably as many times!) the favourite for us is The Style Council - You're the best thing, I love the song and the lyrics....but I'm also thinking of something a bit more upbeat, was thinking perhaps take that - greatest day (OH loves take that!)..but then I might have that for when we come down the staircase as husband and wife and walk down to our guests...arghhh!! How are you meant to decide!!

• P
    Beginner May 2012
    Peyaleed ·
    • Hide content

We've finally decided too- Going for Savage Garden's- Truly, Madly, Deeply.

Out of Interest- Are you all just swaying round the dance floor or putting a little routine together??

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha! As long as you promise not to tell the Mothership. She will think it's inappropriate but if she doesn't know in advance it can't worry her. Besides, it's one of their slow songs, so it's all good.

• B
    Beginner April 2013
    Bridetobe13 ·
    • Hide content

We're having "Halo" by Beyonce. We both love this song and I cannot wait to dance to it. ?!!!!!!!!!!!!

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content

I thought we had decided but my OH is a bit unsure - we were having James Morrison - real....it's sooo hard to pick!

I lovvvee beyonce!

• B
    Beginner April 2013
    Bridetobe13 ·
    • Hide content

The song just sums up how I feel about my OH. Soppy ol' thing aren't I? ?

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

My BM and bestie is singing our first dance so we were kind of restricted as to what we could choose. We've gone through options from Westlife to Celine Dion, Shania Twain to Cascada! Eventually OH completely back-tracked and we chose 'Heaven' - Bryan Adams/DJ Sammy Candlelight mix.

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awwww i Love this!! We were going to have the dj sammy acapella version to walk down the aisle but I changed my mind, just because I wasnt sure if the words were right!

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awwwww Smiley winking haa!

We have beyonce smash into you for walking down the aisle - I love 1+1 but the whole making love line in the song is a no go!

May have to go thru some of her albums!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love Smash into you! Favourite song from that album.

• B
    Beginner April 2013
    Bridetobe13 ·
    • Hide content

That is a lovely song to have. We're just having the traditional wedding march and then a cd of of our favourite soppy songs playing while we sign the register.

"I love 1+1 but the whole making love line in the song is a no go!"-the last bit of your sentence made me laugh ?!!!!

• freckles87
    Beginner May 2013
    freckles87 ·
    • Hide content

• warlycarly
    Beginner September 2012
    warlycarly ·
    • Hide content

It was so hard to choose, as I love westlife, shania twain etc, and OH likes reggae, and ska, so i managed to find a nice slow raggae, and he agreed, so I have ticked it off, was such a good feeling!

• katie1103
    Beginner September 2012
    katie1103 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

i want smash in to you love love this song but h2b thinks beyonce is too shouty so were still undecided xxx

• katie1103
    Beginner September 2012
    katie1103 ·
    • Hide content

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content

Woo hoo, well done on picking a song.

We are having Bon Jovi (as I'm a rock fan) so while it is a slow song, it is technically rock and more meaningful to us than the traditional type songs.

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

We're having Adele Make You Feel My Love....the first time I heard the song I took the laptop to my OH and played it to him and said when we got married (we weren't even engaged or thinking about ith then!) that we had to include it somewhere because the lyrics were so beautiful.

When we started planning our wedding, I asked if he had any ideas for a first dance song (thinking he wouldn't as he doesn't really listen to much music) and he suggested the Adele song ? It still makes me well up when I hear it because the words are so true. Man I am soppy as!!!

• K
    Beginner February 2014
    kyla25 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omg I love that song, its one of my faves......were havin bon jovi thank u for loving me xxxx

• P
    Beginner August 2013
    Peppr Potts ·
    • Hide content

It's always been sort of assumed that we will have Stardust (Rule the world) by Take That because it's "our song" and we love the film but now i'm wondering whether to have something else - i'm loving the book of love by Peter Gabriel at the moment but it's a bit slow and i've been trying for the past few months to convince OH we should have Time of my life from Dirty Dancing and learn the routine as it's my favourite film..... he's resisting so far but we'll see how long he can hold out!

• T
    Beginner June 2013
    tware ·
    • Hide content

We have agreed to have 'finally found' by the honeyz

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content

We are having a friend sing/play the banjo and it's Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Hawaiian styleeee! Eeeeee!!!

• Cakeycase
    Beginner December 2012
    Cakeycase ·
    • Hide content

We are having the same! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics