Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

LittleSnowflake
Beginner January 2016

Wording for honeymoon fund card

LittleSnowflake, 8 of June of 2014 at 16:19 Posted on Planning 0 6

My OH and I are really stuck on finding a nice message to include on a card asking for small donations towards our honeymoon. I've heard people saying poems are cheesy and some people find them rude. So maybe just a message will suffice. Any ideas? Smiley smile

6 replies

Latest activity by Purplemunchkin, 8 of June of 2014 at 19:52
  • RizzieRazzle
    Beginner August 2014
    RizzieRazzle ·
    • Hide content

Maybe reword the usual poem to:

We would like to thank you for your presence as an honoured guest in celebrating our wedding; it wouldn't be the same without you! If you are intending to purchase a gift, may we please point out that we would appreciate donations towards our honeymoon in lieu of household items.

Just a suggestion but probably a rubbish one, haha.

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

I copied down the message I used on my mums 60th invites. But I think it needs adapting slightly to explain its for our honeymoon.

"If you would like to make a contribution in place of a gift it would be gratefully appreciated. Thank You"

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

That was my other option - not to say anything, as I'm sure people are bound to ask my parents what Chris and I would like.

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sarah_88 ·
    • Hide content

This is the poem I used: (maybe some people might think it is cheesy, but I liked the wording)

We've lived together quite a while with all our pots and pans,

and as we don't need homely gifts we've got another plan!

We know it's not traditional but an awful lot more fun,

to have items on our wedding list to help us catch some sun!

So if you'd like to give a gift and send us on our way

a donation to our honeymoon would really make our day!!

Then while we're relaxing on the beach, or by the pool so blue

we'll sit back and know that it is truly thanks to you!

• P
    Beginner August 2014
    Purplemunchkin ·
    • Hide content

We haven't put anything on the invitations, but we have done a website and on the Gift List page we wrote:

"As you know, this is the second marriage for both of us and we already have everything we need for a happy home together.

However, we are going on honeymoon to Porto Santo, which is a tiny island in the Atlantic Ocean to the north east of Madeira.

If you would like to contribute towards our excursions and meals out, then any donations would be gratefully received, although none are expected.

We are really looking forward to taking a jeep tour round the island, seeing the national garden and bird sanctuary, visting the Christopher Columbus museum, and an overnight trip to Madeira. XXXXX would also like to go deep sea fishing, but he will be doing that on his own!"

Whilst the wedding isn't for another couple of months, and we only sent the invitations just over a week ago, several people have already said that they thought this was a lovely idea and have asked how to donate.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics