Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Expert July 2023 Cornwall

Wording for pestering a guest who says they're coming but hasn't Rspv'd?

Anonbride, 30 of March of 2023 at 10:03 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 5

I have two friends who seperately keep saying "I know I haven't RSPV'd but I am coming!!!!" and the RSVP date is tomorrow.

We do have a "B" list so want to invite others if people can't come, however these friends are super close and I'd be gutted if they couldn't make it so I really don't want to be like "I'm going to assume you can't come because you haven't RSPV'd" but I feel I need to pester them juuuust in case they wind up declining so that I have time to invite others if needed.

Help me with wording a message?!?!

5 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 31 of March of 2023 at 23:09
  • S
    Beginner September 2024 Essex
    Sophie ·
    • Hide content
    Would you not take them saying they are coming as a RSVP, or is their specific information in the RSVP that you need from them.... perhaps a call in this situation would better if they are close friends, that way you can explain the situation and stress the importance for a formal reply. Some people are naturally a bit rubbish at sending back RSVP's.
    ... side note, a B list is a fantastic idea, that I will now be adopting!!!
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

Agree with what Sophie says. I've just been calling friends direct or messaging them and asking them to confirm whether they will attend and also to choose meal options. If they can't do it on website I can update planner myself if they let me know either way.

• K
    Savvy August 2023 Co Londonderry
    Katherine ·
    • Hide content
    My deadline was today. Most of my people i asked have confirmed. Quite a few of his have not so hes getting a list today to start msging tmw for me if needed.
    We dont tie the knot til aug but the sooner we know numbers the better.

• Ajx
    Dedicated April 2024 West Yorkshire
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content

Personally I would take them saying they are coming as them RSVPing?? If someone told me they are coming then that's confirmation for me, and if when people are RSVPing to our wedding they just send us a text then we will update the website ourselves. How have you asked them to RSVP?

In terms of food I would tell them you do need their menu options today/tomorrow the latest as it needs to be in x

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I would just take them saying that they are coming as their RSVP. If you need menu details, then I would give them a ring and ask - it sounds like they are extremely busy and/or chronically forgetful, so a direct conversation is probably the easiest way forward!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics