Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kentish Gal
Beginner July 2013

Wording re photos....

Kentish Gal, 16 of June of 2013 at 21:01 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hello, just getting quotes for Order of the Day to be printed. It's got the timetable and then this para at the bottom - is it clear, and polite enough?

Photographs

The Bride and Groom would be delighted if after today you would email them any photos you take, and/or upload them to their wedding website. However, they would like to ask that you kindly refrain from taking pictures during the ceremony as they would prefer you to relax and enjoy the most important part of the day with them. Also, please could you not upload images to Facebook until after 9pm when all the evening guests have had chance to arrive and experience [name fof Bride] and [name of Groom]’s big day for themselves. Thank you.

11 replies

Latest activity by Helenia, 18 of June of 2013 at 16:44
  • *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I think it's perfectly polite. I would just slightly change the wording on the second sentence although really there's nothing wrong with your one, it's just personal taste I suppose and each person would have their own style of saying it...

Either way, I think you've been polite enough :-).

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Tis great! Am gonna steal it for myself if that's ok!

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Goodness, yes you're spot on!

fanx!

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Of course! Our celebrant suggested the Unplugged ceremony idea and a Hitcher said about the FB thing and I though it was great. I'm a nightmare for posting pics on Facebook so I reckon it'll be me that finds it difficult.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

It's fine, though it's quite long-winded. If you wanted to make it briefer but still polite, how about:

The Bride and Groom would be delighted to see any photos you have taken today - please e-mail them or upload to the wedding website. However, please note that photography is not permitted during the ceremony, and we would be grateful if you refrain from posting any pictures on Facebook until after the evening guests have arrived.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I think Helenia's version is a bit more succinct. Plus, it makes it sound a little more like ceremony photography isn't allowed by the celebrant which will stop anyone whingeing or ignoring!

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

Succinct is good, but there's no priest, or registrar. I think I want guests to know it's our preference and not something that's forbidden. It's a pretty informal day Smiley smile

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Peter

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ha ha ha!!! V good!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I see - I was banking on them not knowing whether it was being permitted or not and just doing as they were told! In that case I would just write something like "Please wait until after the ceremony to start clicking away" or similar - you don't have to give a big explanation as to why.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

Went with:

Photographs

The Bride and Groom would be delighted to see any photos you take today – they can be emailed or uploaded to the wedding website; however, please wait until after the ceremony to start snapping!

Guests are also asked to refrain from uploading images to Facebook until after 9pm when all the evening guests have had chance to arrive and experience [Bride] and [Groom]s big day for themselves. Thank you.

Thanks for the help!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

That's really nice!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics