Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Km86
Dedicated December 2022 North Yorkshire

World Cup 1/4 finals on our wedding day!

Km86, 19 of July of 2021 at 07:46 Posted on Planning 0 2
As soon as I heard the football world cup 2022 was in December I knew it would clash, checked the dates and yep it's the 1/4 finals on our big day. 2 matches, 1 kick off just before wedding breakfast and the other at 7pm.

Assuming England get through I'm either gonna have people wanting to know the score during our meal and speeches or people not turn up for the evening party because they want to watch the football/ are worse for wear after the 3pm match.
Everyone I've told has said hire a big screen so people can watch it, our Venue doesnt even have a TV! I don't want our wedding to be the 2nd most important thing people are doing that day!
I'm not moving the date but don't want to become a total bridezilla over this either, what can I do??

2 replies

Latest activity by Michal, 21 of July of 2021 at 00:35
  • W
    Beginner December 2022 North Yorkshire
    Winterwedding2022 ·
    • Hide content
    I feel your pain, thanks to this forum I realised that I had also booked on a quater final date (10th). I did decide to move to the weekend after, but luckily we had only just started planning so only had to change with the venue, registrar and makeup artist.

When I told people I had changed the date I've had mixed reactions. Alot of people said I was overreacting because people would put the wedding before football. I am sure it will be the same for you. Would you want it to be shown? I'm sure you could use some equipment if they don't have a TV. Unless you don't, then I'm sure people will prioritise the wedding. But I know its easier said than done to not stress about it.
  • Michal
    South Yorkshire
    Michal ·
    • Hide content

I had a wedding a few weeks ago when England played Czech Republic. I didn't notice anything different, didn't even hear people talking about football.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics