Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner October 2017

Worried about a lull in the day!

ExpensiveYellowConfetti904, 19 of September of 2017 at 19:14 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi - I am getting married in october and sat here going through the plans!

Im finalising the order of the day: Ceremony, Reception drinks, Speeches, Food - then all of a sudden it is nothing until room chanmgeover and the evening reception. Im concerned towards the end of the afternoon there will be a little lull and people a bit bored - any ideas?

4 replies

Latest activity by Joey@WarbleEntertainment, 5 of October of 2017 at 12:29
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

It's normal to have a lull between the end of the speeches and the start of the evening do. Some guests will go back to their rooms to get changed. Your photographer will use some of that time to do bridal portraits then you may be able to go chill out for a bit.

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah there is normally a lull there, depending on your set-up it can be a welcome one though.

Are you local so that guests can nip home and have a cuppa? Do they have hotel rooms they can relax in? Or even a lounge /bar?

It's nice to chill for a bit before the evening do

• E
    Beginner October 2017
    ExpensiveYellowConfetti904 ·
    • Hide content

Yes, the majority have a room at the hotel; I have set up a lounge area for those that don't, I just don't want people to feel a bit "is that it?" if you know what I mean - personally - I hate the lull, i'd rather have a lull if it was after something really fun or had people smiling - the change over just after the meal ending can be a bit boring I think!

• L
    Beginner September 2017
    LuxuriousYellowDiamonds486 ·
    • Hide content

Post-food teas and coffees served in a side room while the changeover takes place? That's what we're doing.

• Joey@WarbleEntertainment
    Joey@WarbleEntertainment ·
    • Hide content

I think it's appropriate here to give your guests a little bit of breathing room, even just to chat and catch up. Especially as a lot of the time at this point, evening guests will be arriving and will want to know all the gossip and goings on from your day!

Having said that, I don't like the idea of leaving guests completely to their own devices. Whether you have some background/live music on or someone walking around your guests like a magician, it just offers something different to keep energy levels high and people interested.

If you do go for something, make sure it's 'non-intrusive' and won't make the guests feel like they have to pay full attention and stop and watch. It'll fill the lull and will show your guests that you've spared a thought for them!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics