Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2014

Worried about doing my own makeup!

loves-young-dream, 29 of August of 2014 at 20:02 Posted on Planning 0 6

So with two weeks to go I'm so worried about doing my own makeup! I can't afford a makeup artist and that would worry me too!!

Anyone else doing there's? I did a trial but don't think it was good enough! And I'll have a spray tan so how am I gonna match my makeup!!!?

im panicking about everything now!!

6 replies

Latest activity by loves-young-dream, 30 of August of 2014 at 07:26
  • C
    Beginner August 2015
    charltonkate ·
    • Hide content

Bobby brown do free bridal make up lessons, I don't think there is any requirements to buy their make up but could give you ideas of how to do things with the make up you already have. And you could always buy one or two of their products, probably cheaper than a make up artist and you've got the make up to use after the wedding too!

• M
    Beginner October 2014
    Miezy83 ·
    • Hide content

I'm panicking too! I had a trial with bare minerals and although it was ok I don't think I loved it but then ended up spending a fortune on products as I'm easily persuaded!!! Now I have all these products and don't think I'll be able to do it the same and even if I can I don't think I'm going to like it!!! Aargh! Now there's no money left in the budget for an MUA anyway so will have to do it myself! Sorry for the rant but am having a slight panic!!

• Charliefarlie89
    Beginner August 2016
    Charliefarlie89 ·
    • Hide content

Might sound a bit silly but there is a woman on youtube who is fantastic with hair and make up tutorials - search for foxy locks. I haven't had a proper look through her make up tutorials but have seen some of her hair ones and she is really good, she usually tells you what products she is using also Smiley smile x

• soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

There are a lot of Youtube videos/Pinterest type things that you can base your MU on and bareminerals is meant to be amazing for long-wear and non-slip make up. Don't panic ladies, it'll be ok Smiley smile Do either of you have a friend who can help you with ideas and opinions so you can do some trials yourself?

• .A.S.
    Beginner July 2014
    .A.S. ·
    • Hide content

You will be FINE. Both of you. You've got plenty of options:

1) Practice Practice Practice

2) Make Up Lessons

3) Counter Lessons (Bobbi, Clinique etc)

4) Colour matching - don't be scared. hop to a counter near you after your spray tan (24hrs IDEALLY) and ask for a colour match and sample. Voila, free, matching foundation

5) Remember the right tools will make the job a lot easier Smiley smile (Good) Make up brushes = game changers

6) Where are you both based?

Drop me a line via any of the thingumajigs below and I'll help as best I can.

x

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    loves-young-dream ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, I've always used bare minerals and I've bought loads of other makeup to use too, I did a trial and felt like a drag queen haha! Maybe cause I don't wear a lot usually and never worn eyeshadow! Ahh I'm just panicking about everything especially if my makeup doesn't last!!

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    loves-young-dream ·
    • Hide content

I'm from hampshire, x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics