Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner September 2019

Worried about how he'll look at me in dress

HappyBlueDecor17204, 17 of November of 2018 at 22:55 Posted on Planning 0 2

I'm getting married next year and I've gone to about 4 wedding shops now.

I can't decide between going for a more fitted wedding dress that hugs my curves and shows off my figure or go for a more a line dress that's a bit more comfy and flowy.

I need a dress that basically shows off my waist as that's my best feature. I found a dress that I really like and it's what I wanted, it shows off my waist, has lace short sleeves like I wanted and beautiful lace detail on the back. It's a bit flowy but not princes style and even better it's really comfortable. Some of the fitted dresses I've tried I couldn't even sit down and was so aware I was in it if that makes sense.

My worry is this. This dress is more "me" but I'm worried it's not wow. Worried my partner will see me walking down the aisle and won't think I look beautiful in it, be disappointed and wish I went for a more show stopper dress.

It's this one - https://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-dresses/stella-york/6365.htm

Is it a boring dress? Should I go more wow.

Sorry for long post. feeling stressed!

2 replies

Latest activity by SasenachBride, 20 of November of 2018 at 09:56
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

That dress is gorgeous!

It seems like it ticks all of the things that you wanted, and you feel comfy in it - I would say go for it.

Like you, I have a curvy figure with a small waist, and tried on some dresses that were more fitted, and I've ended up going for something similar to yours. Since I ordered it, I've had a couple of 'is it showy enough' moments, but then I remember how I felt in it.

I'm jazzing mine up with a cathedral length veil and a gorgeous belt. You'll have your flowers as well, which will add to the overall effect.

The main thing is that your husband to be loves you for you, and he will be stunned by whatever you choose.

Plus, being comfortable and feeling good will show through. You'll look beautiful! X

• H
    Beginner November 2019
    HJ7 ·
    • Hide content

After reading your concerns, I was expecting to see a much plainer dress when I opened the link but WOW. That dress is beautiful - it definitely doesn't need to be princess-style to be show-stopping! The dress is gorgeous and you like it and feel comfortable in it, that sounds like a win on all counts to me! Your husband-to-be loves you, I'm sure he will love anything that you pick, and just be happy that you're happy. Not that I think it'll even be a concern because I bet you'll look absolutely stunning.

• S
    Curious October 2019
    SasenachBride ·
    • Hide content

He's marrying you, he already thinks you're beautiful Smiley smile

The dress is stunning, it ticks all your boxes and is comfortable, and you want to comfortable on your wedding day.

All the weddings I've been too, no matter the dress choice, the groom has always looked at his bride like she is the most beautiful, wonderful, woman in the world. I'm sure you're groom will do the same Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics