Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2015

Worried about lack of food...

MrsB2015, 23 of June of 2014 at 23:16 Posted on Planning 0 2

After attending weddings recently I have realised that I have been hungry at the all. I have been to sit down meals with evening buffets but come away starving. Now I am worried I will leave guests hungry at my own wedding. We get married at 3 and having canapés after the service, then around 5:30 we are starting a BBQ with a rustic pizza oven, we have cup cakes, candy cart, chocolate fountain and a pork pie wedding cake. Do you think this is enough or should we put more on at night?

thanks

xx

2 replies

Latest activity by Paula @ Ollievision, 24 of June of 2014 at 00:13
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Sounds yummy! lots of protein and carb heavy which is most filling!

I always come away from weddings stuffed.

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

I am in favour of the 'over provide' at weddings concept, so no one goes away hungry. It's a special occasion, not your average day, so it's perfectly reasonable to serve more food 3 hours after the first lot, even though that wouldn't happen at home normally!

3pm canapes, bbq at 5.30pm, then at 9pm or so some pork pie and cup cakes? I think I'd be happy with that, as it's a bit of savory and a bit of sweet later on. If anything, I'd consider adding in a cheese board or something non-meaty to compliment your pork pie cake. Not everyone will be a fan of pork pie. When it comes to me, I'd have a bit just because of the novelty factor with it being a cake, even though I'd never eat pork pies normally. I'd probably instagram myself doing so at the same time too, LOL (sorry, I've been on the wine tonight ?)

A bit of meat and a bit of cheese is definitely sufficient to not leave people hungry. It depends on budget though. It's all very well me saying 'add in cheese' when you might not have the option to. Just a suggestion, if you do have spare budget.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I must go to loads more weddings than you do and I never leave hungry! (haha, remember my catchphrase Photographers Love Food!)

I'm sure you will have plenty to eat. I notice there's usually plenty of food left over at the evening buffets. hmm... I like the sound of your pizza & BBQ!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics