Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner September 2013

Worried about my IBS and Travel sickness for the wedding!!!

BrogstarBride, 4 of March of 2013 at 15:10 Posted on Planning 1 8

I have IBS and take Mebeverine but its triggered off by cheese, cauliflower cheese sauce, and particularly when im stressed, nervous or excited lol. Great combination for my wedding day! I am avoiding cheese for my meal during the day and i will take my tablets but im still worried as its so unpredictable! Smiley sad

And then theres my Travel sickness... We are having a helicopter and im worried my travel sickness will make an unwanted appearance lol! I get sick just in a short ride on a car so i have no idea what im going to be like in a Helicopter!

Any ideas on what i can do or take?

Thanks guys Smiley smile

8 replies

Latest activity by Moniquemo4, 21 of March of 2023 at 05:08
  • Melty Cat
    Beginner July 2016
    Melty Cat ·
    • Hide content

I suffer with IBS a lot myself. I have found peppermint tea to be extremely good for gut control. It stops the cramps too! Camomile tea is also a good option. As for medicaton, I've never really found any dedicated IBS stuff that works 100% myself. I've ended up just taking half doses of Diocalm or Immodium and it usually stops it in its tracks within 20 minutes.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can't help with the IBS but try not to worry about this bit. Helicopters are usually very smooth rides, with great panoramic views and a clear link between what you are seeing and what your inner ear is feeling. It is a completely different feeling to travelling in a car, so don't worry about it as it likely won't bother you at all.

• C
    Rockstar August 2013
    cherrybloom ·
    • Hide content

I have IBS too so understand, I medication doesn't work for me, peppermint tea and capsules helps and a close eye on my diet i.e no cheese, limited bread and milk etc, I am sure you will be fine just try to relax.

• bex_boo
    Beginner August 2014
    bex_boo ·
    • Hide content

My friend and I have horrible IBS that flares up at the most annoying of times. I would suggest just be regimented about taking your medication and keeping your pre-wedding diet as bland and controlled as possible. Boring, but hopefully a little bit of a saver on the actual day.

I often find that keeping some immodium in my purse is often a good psychological thing, that helps stop it flaring up, because I know I can control it if it does. Peppermint tea is also really good at calming the belly cramps. Maybe ask your mum or bridesmaid who knows the score to also keep some immodium just in case. Then you know that the option is there in many forms in case of emergency. Sometimes just knowing it can help reduce the symptoms.

And making note before the wedding of all the toilets in the building in case you need to make adash does help calm the nerves potential of worrying about finding one in an emergency.

• D
    Beginner May 2014
    dolly73 ·
    • Hide content

Hi brogstar

Unfortunately both me and my otherhalf suffer from ibs so this is a major worry for us. Dont know if this will help but I was put on a fodmap diet by the dietitian at the hospital which is all to do with food groups. Didnt think it would do much hut to be honest I was prepared to try anthing. For the first 8 weeks its a strict illimination diet and then reintroduction of food groups to find the triggers. It greatly reduced my pain, bloating and other nasty effects ibs brings. There is info about it if you google fodmap diet. Dont know if you have time to do this before your big day but its worth a try.

The other thing which I know is easier said than done is to try and enlist help of family coming up to big day to reduce your stress levels. Just remember if things arent done or something goes wrong the main thing is its about you and your otherhalf and as long as you are both there everything else about the day is extra.

Best of luck and keep calm.

• Sambride
    Beginner April 2014
    Sambride ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

I agree with the others, I too suffer from IBS, especially when stressed or nervous.

I find ginger tea straight after a meal really helps, or peppermint. I sometimes take Buscupan but I find this only helps when the problem is caused by food, doesn't really do a lot when Im just nervous.

Try not too think about it too much, you have enough to worry about without worrying about IBS, I say this now, but I no I will be panicking too!

Sam x

• mandspice
    Beginner September 2013
    mandspice ·
    • Hide content

I don't have IBS but I do have indigestion problems and excess stomach acid.

I've just started taking ginger capsules twice a day with meals and they're working wonders. I also take ranitidin before a big night of eating / drinking and that really helps.

xx

• M
    Beginner March 2023 Monmouthshire
    Moniquemo4 ·
    • Hide content

It's just a few weeks to the big day and I'm wondering if you can give me some advice about the worst thing in my life - travel sickness and IBS. I say you can get CBG Oil UK and learn more information about the best oil in the UK. I am worried about my IBS and travel sickness for the wedding. Between being sick and my upcoming wedding, it's been a stressful time for me. Here's how to manage your IBS symptoms before your big day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics