Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meg27
Beginner September 2021 Derbyshire

Worried about my toddler / nap and bedtime at our wedding

Meg27, 4 of July of 2021 at 18:51 Posted on Planning 0 1
Hi all
We are getting married in September ( fourth time lucky thanks to covid !) We have a little boy who will be 2.5 years old by then. He usually has a nap at 11am-12.30pm ish. We get married at 12noon,so this won’t be possible. As all kids do, he gets very clingy and grouchy when overtired. I’m also worried about him going to bed too. The accommodation is onsite in a self contained cottage and the venue is literally next to it ( like a house and a garden) we have a long range baby monitor so plan on using that and putting him to bed about 7-8pm depending on how bad he is!

I’m still really really stressing over this . What is everyone else doing with their toddlers? He’s a proper ‘mummy’s boy ‘ so I don’t know if he’d settle , in a strange place, with anyone else. I don’t mind putting him to bed, I thought it would give me and his dad a bit of time away to soak it all in but I’m just worried he won’t settle or whether I’m doing the right thing.
X

1 replies

Latest activity by Elena, 25 of August of 2021 at 15:03
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    Will he nap in a buggy/pushchair? Then you could put him down for his morning nap in that and then wheel him in for the ceremony.
    For the evening bed time, how would you feel letting him go a bit later? Some children take a while to settle down and get to sleep, whereas some just shut their eyes and boom they’re gone (I wish my kids did this 😂)
    My daughter was bridesmaid when she was 2. Her day time nap she actually skipped due to the excitement and so much going on. She surprised me as wasn’t grouchy or anything. Though I think the iPad helped during the meal and the fact she was fiddling around stealing drinks so was probably high on sugar from cokes and lemonade!! I’m the evening we said we would just let her go until she crashes or started to kick off. She went until 9pm then got a bit grouchy and curled up on a chair. That’s when we took her up to the room and she settled very quickly due to being so tired.
    I like the idea of the baby monitor! I’ve now got an 5 year old and a 8 month old at our wedding. We’re hoping that all the family help out as they will be there. My mum has been coming over to get the baby used to her (lockdown baby who hates everyone and being outside) and we’re going to have buggy’s and a pillow corner. The pillow corner is going to have bean bags, throws and iPads for the kids to just chill and nap in if they want.
    If he doesn’t settle for you then don’t stress, your guests will understand. And if your really struggling then you could always bring him back down and then try again in 20 minutes or so. I reckon he will surprise you. Don’t stress or worry about it, the only stress is getting him to stand still for photos and making sure he doesn’t start eating the cake before you cut it 😜 I hope you have the best day ever. ❤️❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics