Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsG2B28.7.12
Beginner July 2012

Worried people won't like it?

MrsG2B28.7.12, 2 October, 2011 at 16:44 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hello Hitched!

I'm not sure what I want from this post but needed to vent / voice my fears! I'm worried people won't like my wedding! I know my friends and family will but despite being with my OH for 8 years I haven't met half his family. We are having a vintage wedding with afternoon tea, ice cream and Pimms. I'm just not sure if it is there kind of thing and despite really wanting an informal chilled wedding I'm afraid it will come across stuffy! I constantly ask my OH's approval and opinions but i'm also very aware that our wedding is my style and people may think his wasn't involved (which he has been from tying the bows on invites to looking at venues).

I just really want everyone to enjoy our day as much as i'm sure me and OH will.

2 replies

Latest activity by raincloud, 2 October, 2011 at 17:12
  • tinkerbelly1983
    Beginner October 2011
    tinkerbelly1983 ·
    • Hide content

Please don't worry, I went through this and its not worth stressing. If people don't like it thats their problem. Its your day and its all about you, not trying to please other people. Because no matter what you do, someone wont like it!!! From the sounds of it I'd bloody love your wedding, it sounds fabulous. And our wedding is mostly my style too, but theyre blokles, theres only so much input youre going to get from them! But don't worry... it will be wonderful and on the day you wont give a flying hoo-haa what everyone else is thinking because you'll be in your own little wedded bliss bubble :-) x

• MrsG2B28.7.12
    Beginner July 2012
    MrsG2B28.7.12 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Tinkerbelly! That is really kind, really made me smile. OH just tells me not to worry...easier said than done!!

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

I had some people (including some of OH's family!) give me odd looks when I explained what our wedding decorations and style would be like but on the day when they saw it all together they all got it and couldn't stop telling me how nice it all was. Don't worry, when it is all together and you are having a wonderful day, full of smiles this will all seem like a silly worry!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics