Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner October 2014

Worsley Court House v Buile Hill

getmetothechruchontime, 22 of October of 2012 at 20:18 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi everyone

I'm after a bit of advice re Worsley Court House and Buile Hill. I just wondered if you had experiences of either.

We have just been to see Buile Hill and I really like it the staff were very down to earth like ourselves and I could imagine having a relaxed wedding there. The staff suggested we go and look at the Court House though as this is a smaller venue but we would be at the rooms capacity.

Advice really apprecaited x

3 replies

Latest activity by worsley-bride, 5 of November of 2012 at 17:49
  • W
    Beginner May 2012
    worsley-bride ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Iv been to a wedding at Buile Hill, and also booked Worsley Court House for our wedding next year.

Both are really nice, we wanted a more intimate wedding thats why we chose the court house. We are having 52 for the wedding breakfast and 100 evening guests. Buile Hill has nice gardens for drinks on the lawn, esp good for a summers wedding. The Court House has more history and features. Iv spoken to a few people who have had their receptions at the Court House and they gave all gave positive reviews (one girl I spoke to had 78 day guests and maximum numbers for night and she felt there was enough space), there are 2 rooms, the main room, then a smaller room where the older people tend to congregate. I assume the staff are the same, as both buildings are owned by Salford Council. The food is really nice too, my friend got married at Buile Hill last year and the had the £26pp set menu, was well presented, and tasty.

Go and have a look round, then decide....

They are both good places for pictures, as you have either got Buile Hill Park, on The canal and the green. Good luck xx

• G
    Beginner October 2014
    getmetothechruchontime ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for your reply Worsley-Bride we booked for Buille Hill in the end I would feel a bit to intimidated with it being so intimate we have 83 for our day so we're going for the emptier room at the evening x when are you getting married? x

• J
    jules40 ·
    • Hide content

I have venue dressed them both, the staff and food are great at both places. Buile hill is a big room and we always suggest marking off the ceremony are with bay trees or some large flower arrangements to define it a bit more and make it a bit more intimate and focus people away from the tables round the edges of the room.

• W
    Beginner May 2012
    worsley-bride ·
    • Hide content

Wow! 83, thats alot, wish we could invite that many, but its all down to costs at the end of the day. My best friend had her reception there, it was beautiful. I am getting married 26th May 2013... not long to go, how about you? We only booked it a couple of weeks ago. Need to get planning now, we are trying to make it as cheap as possible, without scrimping. If you find any good buys or bargains let me know. The Big Balloon Company in Leigh is good for venue decorating, its the best price Iv seen (they do various packages), and someone recommended them to me, also for the wedding dress there is a good online site - dream dresses of cheshire and manchester, Iv had a good quote of her for a made to measure dress (less than £600), and someone I know got a dress from Aristocrats in Cheshire for £350. x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics