Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

KJHC
Beginner April 2016

Wotton House - anyone booked/had/been to a wedding there?

KJHC, 14 of July of 2015 at 10:55 Posted on Planning 0 21

Hello!

Has anyone been to or had a wedding at Wotton House? Or planning one there? We're going there this weekend for a viewing, but would love to get other people's impressions if they've been there. I love the brochure and it looks beautiful, but I work in PR, so am suspicious of marketing!

21 replies

Latest activity by KJHC, 20 of July of 2015 at 10:07
  • Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

Not much help.. but a friend of mine used to be the wedding coordinator for Wotton House and loved working there and always spoke highly of it as a venue!

• KJHC
    Beginner April 2016
    KJHC ·
    • Hide content

Good to know - thanks very much! Have seen some stunning real wedding pictures from there - trying not to build my hopes up in case it's a let down on Saturday!

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Fantastic place, shot a few weddings at Wotton House and I would say its one of the more organised wedding venues about.

• KJHC
    Beginner April 2016
    KJHC ·
    • Hide content

Thanks! That's good to know ? And I shall be checking out your website!

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

It's a lovely venue! ceremony room and grounds have a real wow factor. wedding breakfast room doesn't light my personal fire, but that's just me.

the staff are AMAZING

over all a super venue Smiley smile

• KJHC
    Beginner April 2016
    KJHC ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Miss Winter! Really excited about seeing it and yes, the ceremony room looks amazing! Haven't seen too many pics of the wedding breakfast room (there may be a reason for that ha ha), but what was it about the room that didn't quite hit the spot for you?

• k.j.w
    Beginner June 2017
    k.j.w ·
    • Hide content

I visited it in February this year. I agree with Miss Winter:

The ceremony room, grounds and as you approach the venue have the wow factor, however the room for the meal and evening reception is lacking the wow. At the time they were re-doing the room, and so we didnt get to see it. For me after the wow of the ceremony room, and the fact it isnt exclusive use or at least a section of the hotel isnt exclusive (the rooms are in dfferent sides of the venue) it wasnt for us. We went with Horsley Towers instead.

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

It was just very generic for me. after being wow-ed by the ceremony room, i expected the breakfast room to be 'woah' too but it was just run of the mill. very nice, but very like many others.

but again this is likely just me

• KJHC
    Beginner April 2016
    KJHC ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for that! Will be interesting to see the reception room as I think they've just finished re-doing it.

Just googled Horsley Towers - wow, looks spectacular! Might have to drop them a line! What clinched Horsley Towers for you?

• k.j.w
    Beginner June 2017
    k.j.w ·
    • Hide content

It was various things really... the wow factor, exclusive use, bedrooms for guests & bridal suite, great photo opportunities inside & out, various rooms that can be used in the venue, bar thats separate from the other main rooms.

It had the things we were looking for and outweighed others we looked at.

• B
    • Hide content

But the room is brilliant for photography, nice and bright with no distractions.? Out side is a photographers dream, so many beautiful spots around the grounds.

• KJHC
    Beginner April 2016
    KJHC ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all! All really useful! ??

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

We are on their supplier list and have been to visit the venue on a few occaisions. The staff are passionate about weddings and are really helpful. I also believe that they have just refurbished the dining / conference room.

As others have said... the grounds are stunning and the ceremony room takes your breath away....

• T
    Beginner September 2018
    tmonty ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

I have the pleasure of working at Wotton House in the Wedding department and I know I may sound biased, however, here it is……

Wotton is certainly one of the most breath taking venues, I have ever worked in. You don’t have to just take my word for it though, you mentioned you are popping along on Saturday to have a look around.

Our Wedding breakfast room has just been refurbished and the interior decorators, used by Principal Hayley took their inspiration from our 17th century Italian gardens.

I do hope you like it and enjoy your show round on Saturday. Please do let me know your thoughts

Kindest Regards

Tracy

• KJHC
    Beginner April 2016
    KJHC ·
    • Hide content

Thanks NathalieSB and Tracy! Great to hear the wedding breakfast room has been refurbished - can't wait to see it!

Beginner April 2016
    *Nik* ·
    • Hide content

We looked at Wotton House but we were put off by the fact you don't have exclusive use. We are having our reception at Denbies Vineyard.

• KJHC
    Beginner April 2016
    KJHC ·
    • Hide content

Had our Wotton House viewing this morning - wow, absolutely stunning on all fronts! And the reception has been refurbished and is now gorgeous - even has the colour palette I want! Have booked provisional date :-)

• B
    • Hide content

Told you it is a stunning venue, a photographers dream venue to shoot?

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

How lovely to hear it's looking for special now and that you loved it so much! i want a nosey now!

very happy for you Smiley smile

• KJHC
    Beginner April 2016
    KJHC ·
    • Hide content

I had a good feeling about it as soon as I walked in ? And, we could both see ourselves getting married there. SO excited!!

My only slight worry is the bedrooms as I saw some worrying reviews and photos on tripadvisor, but hopefully I can request to set aside a block of the refurbished ones!

• T
    Beginner September 2018
    tmonty ·
    • Hide content

That it such great news, just to let you know- we have plans to refubish all of the bedrooms starting next year.

• KJHC
    Beginner April 2016
    KJHC ·
    • Hide content

Oh that's good news! Do you know what proportion of rooms have already been refurbished and how many are likely to be refurbished by April next year?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics