Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joanne
Beginner September 2022 Northamptonshire

Would it be weird to invite a new/old friend?

Joanne, 13 of January of 2022 at 21:17 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 3
Hi everyone,

So bit of a strange one I feel but basically my fiance and I's wedding is September 2022. 40 guests including ourselves, ceremony at 3pm, street food informal dining and a dj for the evening but finishing at 10pm so will be quite an intimate wedding. Close friends and family invited. My two bridesmaids are my older sisters (we are very close, talk all day every day they are my best friends), i've also been working full time and studying for my degree which has left very little time to meet new people and make proper friends - I have aquaintances from work that I chat to outside of work but they are not invited to the wedding. Most of our friends who will be at the wedding are other couples with my partner mainly being friends with the guys. On the other hand I have a big family and a lot of the guests are invites from my side. Long story short, a girl who used to be my best friend all through my teens until I was 20/21 (I am now 26) until we fell out, got back in contact with me early last year March 2021 out the blue and since then we meet up about once a month to catch up. I wouldn't say we are particularly close but she is my oldest friend and I greatly missed her before she reached out. Now would it be weird to invite her and her partner to the wedding? I think i'm quite self conscious due to the size of the wedding and not basically having my own girl squad there so would it be noticable that she was my only personal friend invite?
Thank you for your thoughts!

3 replies

Latest activity by Jess, 14 of January of 2022 at 09:37
  • H
    Dedicated May 2022
    HappyGoldBridesmaid18836 ·
    • Hide content
    I don’t think it’ll be noticeable. But if you are happy with the people you have invited so far then I don’t think you should invite her just to have a friend there, if that makes sense?
    However, I guess it’s nice to get back in touch with an old friend so if you want her there then invite her. I don’t think anyone else will make an issue of it.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

If you feel you want her there due to your relationship then invite her, but don't do it out of a sense of duty or because you feel you have mot got enough friends on your side, the type of person doesn't matter, your guests should be people you want to celebrate your love with and no one is going to bat an eyelid at who is there for each side, after all this is about you becoming a unit and everyone is there for both of you.

• Jess
    Dedicated October 2022 Worcestershire
    Jess ·
    • Hide content
    I don’t think it would be weird to invite her at all. The fact you’re thinking about the decision clearly shows that you’d like her to be there. I think that in a lot of cases an invite to a wedding means a lot to guests even if they cannot make it. I’m sure she’d be touched to get an invite.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics