Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Flowmojo
Beginner

Would you complain!?

Flowmojo, 10 April, 2012 at 10:29 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 16

If you were served this in a restuarant?!

We went on Saturday evening to a local harvester for somethign quick to eat before we headed to a wedding receptio..it wasnt busy as it was early so we were prob one fo around 8 couples in the whole place. it took the wiatress 15mins to come over to take our order and a further 15mins for her to bring glasses over to us for us to get our drinks. There were lots of young staff standing around looking dis-interested and bored. They took out order eventually and i was served burnt chicken and chorizo skewers. We waited 45mins for the food to arrive!! When i said to the young waitress it was burnt, she said it was 'chargrilled' and it cooked that way!! I was flabberghasted!!

Due to the time it took for them to serve us i had no time to order something else etc so ate my masgh and peas and left. I was fuming. we didnt have time for the planned dessert!!

Woudl you complain and if so, how?! I think if i wrote a letter it would be very 'and then..and then..and then..'

HELP!!

16 replies

Latest activity by NewYearRose, 10 April, 2012 at 11:46
  • Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

That is not chargrilled its burnt simple as. To be honest Flow I would have had the manager out and not even bothered with the waitress.

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

I have found this with a lot of restaurants when they are quiet. H and i went for lunch once and we were one couple of about 5. We sat down and were there for 20 minutes. We were handed menu's when we sat down, but after that no one looked the road we were on. I heard another couple saying something similar and they'd been there longer than us.

We got up and left and i made sure to put my menu back saying rather loudly to H that i had never been to an establishment so badly run, and that i was shocked that these so called waiters and waitresses still had jobs seeing as they were doing F all.

But to answer your question, i would write to the establishment in question and tell them of your experience and how disappointed you were with your meal and experience. Include the picture. I'd also maybe send a copy to the head office and see what they say.

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Hell yes! It looks disgusting! And coupled with the bad service then I would totally complain. You never know some vouchers might come your way :-)

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same. The waitress is paid to wait tables, the manager is paid to handle complaints.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

I'd have complained there and then!

Harvester served me a jacket potatoe covered in mud before! They cancelled our whole bill and gave me a new meal. And free puddings...

• Hunry
    Beginner May 2012
    Hunry ·
    • Hide content

Morning Flow! I work for a sizzler pub, similar to Harvester pubs, and I would get my ass kicked if I gave you that kind of service. If the customer complains, you have to take the food back no doubt about it. Have you looked on their website to see if they have a feedback form? We run a competition with ours too, so there might be an added bonus for complaining as such. Def. complain about it, especially if they were quiet!

• Hunry
    Beginner May 2012
    Hunry ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree to an extent, but I would like to think that I would be able to handle most complaints without getting my manager involved!

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I would be really annoyed and would definately complain. Irrelevant of whether it's chargrilled, if it looks burnt and tastes burnt- although I'm not sure a human is capable of eating that- then as the customer you are right. They should have rushed you through another order or given you your money back there and then. No question asked.

Send a letter to them explaining how disappointed you are with the overall lack of service and how much inconvenience they caused you.

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I guess it all depends on the complaint...

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

if we wernt un such a hurry id have taken it up with the manager!!!

• Hunry
    Beginner May 2012
    Hunry ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It does indeed. If there is something wrong with the meal you have been served, surely that is something a waitress could handle? If it is about the service you have been given, or the attitude of the waitress then I would have thought you would have got the manager involved?

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I work in retail and if someone had a complaint about something a colleague had done (like the chef overcooking the food) I would leave it to the manager.

• Hunry
    Beginner May 2012
    Hunry ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I suppose every work place is different then. We always try and sort customer complaints out as quickly as possible direct with the kitchen. and get the manager involved as a last resort. We will have to agree to disagree on this one!

• TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content

I would have complained there and then and as I was in a hurry asked to see the manager. But yes, I would still complain now as you obviously had a good reason to be in a hurry.

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Most of the complaints we receive end up costing the company money as well so we have to check with the manager or pass it on to them.

• caweena
    Beginner
    caweena ·
    • Hide content

I agree that you could have spoken to the manager on the day but it's obviously too late now!

I would send an email or letter addressed to the manager along with the photo and details of every complaint you have. Length of time to arrive, state of food, waitress reaction anything else you might want to raise.

We get this every now and then and email complaints always get dealt with swiftly in the form of muchos apologies and usually a voucher for a freebie. The ones I really hate are people who say to your face as they're paying that everything was ok and then send a big ranty complaint when they get home (I always ask when I take payment even when I know the answer might not be positive so that I can apologise and deal with it and then pass on all the complaints they make to the relevant staff)

• NewYearRose
    Beginner December 2012
    NewYearRose ·
    • Hide content

I would definitely complain.

That's not chargrilled, that's charkilled!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics