Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Would you grass up a benefits cheat?

16 of September of 2013 at 17:07

Posted on Off Topic Posts 46

Lets say you know for a fact that someone you are close to is defrauding the benefits system. Would you grass them up? Even if it might mean a jail sentence?

Lets say you know for a fact that someone you are close to is defrauding the benefits system. Would you grass them up? Even if it might mean a jail sentence?

46 replies

• TheRealTricks
    Beginner January 2012
    TheRealTricks ·
    • Hide content

Nope, couldnt do it.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

I would. There are genuine single parents who are relying on food banks and friends/family to get by. If it has been going on for the whole 10 years then the £100K theft you are aware of would have helped out scores of people who really needed it if it had been available.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

It would depend on the person.

If it was someone who was sat playing their Xbox all day on a 52 inch HD TV, then yes, I'd grass them up.

If it was someone who was struggling to cloth and feed themselves, then I probably wouldn't.

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

We did on our neighbour. Her boyfriend was living with her,but she was claiming otherwise. As it turns out, they have now split, but it was being investigated by someone as we saw pics of his car being taken in early hours of the morning.

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

If I disliked thee person I would contemplate it but then probably not go through with it.

If it affected me or my family in a negative way then yes I would , althoght not sure how it would.

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

When I was faced with this dilemma I told someone who didn't know the perpetrator and they said they would be willing to do the deed so i wasn't involved.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

I would like to think that I would, yes, regardless of who it was.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I have often thought about it. One person in particular, but I couldnt do it to the kids.

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I know a girl that does it. It drives me nuts but I still couldn't bring myself to report her.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics