Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SillyWrong
Beginner October 2014

Would your mum buy a 2nd hand MotB outfit?

SillyWrong, 20 of January of 2015 at 13:41 Posted on Planning 0 9

My Mum's outfit cost a fortune, dress, matching fascinator shoes & handbag - which she'll never wear again. I'm thinking about putting them up on ebay for her - what do you think?

9 replies

Latest activity by elvira-darkside, 20 of January of 2015 at 20:08
  • pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Of course - why not?

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

I have never thought about it. I bought a second hand dress and she didn't bat an eyelid so i'm guessing she would.

She doesn't know how to use Ebay though so that would have thrown a spanner in the works Smiley winking

Beginner March 2015
    2ndtimeforever ·
    • Hide content

If your mum wont wear it again, then it makes sense to sell & recoup some of the costs. A wedding I attended last year I purchased all my "extras" fascinator etc etc from good ole ebay, items like this sell well as they are so expensive new. I didn't pay a huge amount but I think the seller would have been pleased with the sale.

Ive actually bought my wedding dress from a seller/ bride on ebay and we have developed a really nice friendship since.

Shes looking forward to the photos of me wearing "our" dress Smiley smile

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

cute Smiley smile

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I don't think mine would but it's just weird snobbery on her part. I had a vintage coat and bag and she wasn't bothered about that! But I think lots of people would, it's worth giving it a go.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

My mum is never adverse to buying anything she likes second hand, as long as the condition is good (aside from underwear and the like maybe!) Stick it on Ebay, i'm sure you'll have a flurry of interested bidders ?

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

2nd timeforever, thats really nice ☺ glad to see another hitcher from Rochdale ?

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

I've just had a recommendation today for a dress agency that has hundreds of evening dresses. Of course the nature of a dress agency is that most if not all stock is pre-loved. But evening dresses generally end up there because they were purchased for a special occasion and the owner knows they'll never wear it again so like your mothers outfit have been worn once maybe twice. My mum wants an evening dress for my wedding but the only one we've seen so far that looked good on her was over £750!!!! She'll only wear it the once so I'm going to take her to the dress agency to see if we can bag a bargain. My mum has high standards when it comes to her appearance but she's not adverse to a charity shop purchase if it is good quality and in good condition.

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

Definitely! If we found one she loved and could try on, why not Smiley smile

• E
    Beginner October 2015
    elvira-darkside ·
    • Hide content

I have. my mum was quite specific on what she wanted and is a larger lady. i found the perfect dress on ebay and bought it. she is absolutely over the moon with it. it wasnt about the money saving, it was about finding exactly what she wanted. if your mum doesnt want to keep them then go for it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics