Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maldives2013
Beginner December 2013

Writing your own vows

Maldives2013, 29 of October of 2013 at 10:33 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hello,

Has anyone on here written or going to write their own vows? We both really want to do this, but i am a tad nervous and have no clue what to write, how long they should be etc. I have had a look online and there doesn't seem to be any sort of set format! We are getting married in the Cheshire East district, they have sent us a booklet with information to fill in, but haven;t given us a choice of what we say on the day with the standard legal part of the ceremony either, has anyone esle got married via the Cheshire East office and did you see the vows you say prior to the day or did you just repeat what you were told to repeat on the day? I know a couple other people who have got married in the past year or so and they were given options by the registry office as to what they said?

Thanks

4 replies

Latest activity by Maldives2013, 30 of October of 2013 at 10:21
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Same venue/same register office Smiley smile

I asked our registrar for a copy of the ceremony. I don't know if this ceremony wording might be specific to our registrar or if it applies across the whole of Cheshire East though. Do you know who your registrar is yet? Does her name begin with T? If so, probably the same one and she will send you a copy of her ceremony wording on request, which includes the option to insert your own vows (which she will need to go through with you to check they are OK). If it's someone different, I would contact them directly and ask for their own ceremony wording.

I am happy to forward you the ceremony wording we got.

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

Ah no I think our registrar is called Sue, although I might be mistaken. she has offered in her letter to met with us or hold a telephone meeting, so I will arrange for us to do that as the booklet is so vague and we would both rather know what we are saying on the day to make sure it is right for us.

Thanks for the response, I will go back to the registry office and ask if we can get a copy of the ceremony wording, if it's easy enough for you to send yours across to me in the meantime i would be really grateful, but if you have to dig it out don;t worry about it, I am sure I will get a quick response from them! I think it is just other people worrying me who have got married recently who had to have all their readings/ vows etc confirmed weeks before the wedding - we only have weeks to go!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Have emailed the wording across.

Hmmm, we had two registrars (but both might not be actually called "registrars"). The person who conducted the ceremony was called Tracey. The person in charge of all the documents/signing was called Sue. I wonder if it's the same person?

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for sending them across, very helpful! The lady is called Sue Welch, I looked at the paperowrk when i got home last night, she is the deputy superintendent Registrar so I bet it is the same lady, the one who deals with the legal side of it and oversee's the ceremony. I have emailed her anyway so hopefully will get a response back in a day or so.

Thanks for your help :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics